UALR Functional Title
Library Technician / R99672
The Library Technician serves as a member of the library’s circulation department staff and is responsible for providing a wide-range of circulation and customer service activities, including check-in/check-out of materials, record keeping, student employee supervision and training, reserves management and stacks maintenance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Process patron bill, overdue notices, and place flags in Banner.
- Count record, and deposit circulation monies.
- Maintain patron circulation records.
- Process and maintain Holds records.
- Participate in creating and updating circulation policies.
- Give directional aid and instruct patrons in use of online catalog, photocopiers, and microform reader/printers and other library equipment.
- Assist with library equipment maintenance.
- Collect statistics and prepare statistical reports.
- Open/and close library.
- Monitor building and service points and report problems.
- Work a regular schedule of Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to lift heavy books and equipment is required.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of basic library procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of computers and their applications.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Ability to stoop, bend and reach.
- Flexibility to work independently or as a team member in variety of circumstances.
Required Education and/or Experience
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma, plus two years’ experience in library environment.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Background Check Requirements
00 - Criminal Only
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Daily, Kneeling: Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Occasionally, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Daily, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Pushing/pulling 10-25 lbs: Daily, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Standing for long periods of time: Daily, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Daily, Walking - Long Distances; Frequently, Medium Work - Exerting 20-50 pounds: Occasionally, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Daily, Carrying 10-25 lbs: Frequently
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 22 months ago