Nature and Scope of Job:
To provide library media services and instruction for students and staff of assigned schools or other schools in Sweetwater County School District Number One.
1. Implements procedures and policies of the district and school library media program and service.
2. Provides orientations for students and staff of available programs and services.
3. Develops schedules for media skills or use as directed or requested.
4. Encourages and facilitates maximum use of library media materials and services.
5. Organizes and circulates materials for easy efficient accessibility by students and staff.
6. Maintains necessary records for the most effective and efficient operation of the school library media center.
7. Communicates with building and district administrators with concerns or needs of the library media center.
8. Trains and supervises aides, students assistants, and volunteers for clerical tasks of the library media center.
9. Evaluates and selects materials to purchase that support and enrich the curriculum.
10. Assists staff in selecting appropriate materials to support district curriculum.
11. Fosters and supports' love of reading.
1. Participates in professional growth opportunities that keep job skills abreast of research in current practices of the field.
--EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB--
Knowledge, Skills and Mental Ability:
Knowledge of PC applications-e.g. word processing, computerized circulation systems.
Knowledge of personal computer operation.
Knowledge of application of standard selection tools.
Knowledge of media machines such as television monitors, video/DVD recorders etc. Ability to review purchased materials and assign appropriate cataloging data.
Minimum Requirements (Education, License, Certification or Formal Training):
Eligible for Wyoming teaching certification.
Eligible for Wyoming Library Media endorsement.
Lower back strength to stand and walk throughout the work day.
Upper body strength to lift 25 pounds and carry more than 50 feet.
Ability to push mobile units of 50 pounds more than 1000 feet through hallways.
Ability to stoop and retrieve materials and supplies.
Ability to hear ordinary conversation.
Ability to see computer and television monitors clearly.
Ability to see and read various types of printer materials.
Be able to spend most of the work day in one area.
Be able to tolerate noise up to 90 decibels.
Be able to tolerate silence for periods of time.
k12jobspot.com - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard