This position is located in Coronado.
8-hour shift; 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm, working every other weekend.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Internal candidates only (Current Sharp HealthCare employees)
- Graduate of a License Vocational Nursing program
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse Licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Knowledge of OBRA and Title 22 Regulations
- Minimum 6 months recent LVN employment experience
- Will be oriented to work in all long term care units: subacute, TCU, custodial, hospice
- Minimum 6 months recent LVN Skilled Nursing Facility experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Performs individualized nursing care for patients/families under the direction of an RN. Uses and practices basic assessment data collection, participates in planning, executes interventions in accordance with the Plan of Care and contributes to evaluation of outcomes. Communicates to ensure patient/family is educated to the Plan of Care and planned treatments.
The Sharp Villa Coronado Skilled Nursing Facility and Sharp Coronado Sub-Acute Units provide long-term care to patients in San Diego. They have four levels of care: custodial, transitional, sub-acute and hospice. Individualized care plans are developed for each patient, and nursing care is focused on the patient’s health and social, emotional and spiritual well-being. Treatment plans are designed to help each patient achieve maximum independence and dignity. Personalized programs and services bring comfort to patients in a homelike environment. All long-term care patients have access to clinical services including: 24-hour licensed nursing care, enteral therapy, integrative therapies including Healing Touch and aromatherapy, intravenous therapy, medication management, pain management, physician, podiatrist and dental visits.
From emergency services to a nationally recognized total joint replacement program, Sharp Coronado Hospital is a 204 bed facility that has a long tradition of providing top-quality, comprehensive health care.
Sharp Coronado incorporates many personalized aspects into its care philosophy — including patient empowerment, patient and family education, and a physical environment that promotes healing through complementary therapies such as clinical aromatherapy, massage and Healing Touch. Sharp Coronado Hospital is one of the first five hospitals nationally to be designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Sharp Healthcare - 9 months ago