optionsXpress, a subsidiary of The Charles Schwab Corporation, provides dedicated support to clients on the derivatives’ and options trading platforms, through the Client Service and Support (CS&S) group within Charles Schwab. CS&S is the primary service and trading arm for Schwab Investor Services. The vision for CS&S is delighting clients by creating memorable service experiences and by always viewing the relationship through client’s eyes. CS&S builds loyalty with clients by following our organizational values and “championing every client’s goals with passion and integrity.”
Brief Description of Role:
Licensed Brokers work in a fast-paced environment with a structured schedule, on highly collaborative teams with a supportive manager who is focused on development and coaching. This is a licensed role and as such licensed brokers are expected to place trades, be able to discuss market conditions in a knowledgeable manner, and provide education and guidance regarding financial products and services.
Because clients may connect with us at any time of day, representatives work a variety of shifts, which may include market (M-F daytime) hours, early mornings and into early evenings, and/or weekends. We are unable to guarantee a particular shift and so we request as much schedule flexibility as possible.
- Complete optionsXpress five-week service training program to become knowledgeable of optionsXpress’ investment products and services.
- Demonstrate energy, empathy, and problem solving skills while delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service to our clients via the phone or in live help, taking approximately 50 to 70 inbound calls per day or 60-100 chat sessions per day.
- Actively navigate between 5 or more open computer programs at any one given time, on dual monitors, while speaking with clients on the phone or in live help. Programs regularly used include: internet applications, Salesforce, Live Person, client account information, Microsoft Excel, email, etc.
- Assist optionsXpress clients to navigate our products and services, and respond to client inquiries including account servicing, technical support, cost basis information, and product knowledge support.
- Assist optionsXpress clients over email through MS Outlook or Salesforce.
Required minimum qualifications are:
In addition, ideal candidates will also have the followed preferred qualifications:
- Current Series 7 and 63 securities licenses, Series 3 also preferred
- Passion for service and finance with strong client-focus and the ability to provide a superior level of service
- Excellent analytical skills with a superior level of attention to detail in order to adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Collaborative and relational work style with proven success in a team environment
- Desire for growth opportunities and ongoing training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially the ability to listen and to explain complicated subjects
- Intermediate to Advanced technical skills, with the ability to utilize at least 5 different applications at one time, including Windows, internet researching, database systems, and email
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, along with intermediate data entry/typing skills
- The ability to multi-task, including speaking with customers over the phone, assessing their needs, researching information on the computer, and typing information, all at one time
- Ability to work a flexible shift, which may include early morning hours, late night hours, or weekend hours
- Ability to work in a structured schedule, taking approximately 50 to 70 client calls or 60-100 chat sessions per day during specified hours as pre-determined by business need.
Prior experience working in a dual monitor environment and the ability to utilize 5-7 open programs at one time is a plus.
- Two years or more college study in finance, economics, business administration, or related area; degree is preferred.
- At least 1 year work experience in brokerage services, banking, operations, client support, call center, hospitality, or retail