The overall mission of the GM is to be a leader within the LensCrafters organization, delivering the brand promise and organizations key results through people.
Specifically, the GM is responsible for delivering the stores Top 3 Results by integrating the Brand Story and ensuring flawless execution of the customer experience/behaviors (retail/lab); recruiting and hiring brand-right associates that become long-term associates; and seamlessly linking the doctor and retail functions together.
MAJOR LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leads stores associates to deliver the brand story and customer experience through performance management. Establishes clear team objectives and individual goals. Creates a positive culture linked to the corporate culture; identifies what motivates each individual and directs conversations and actions appropriately.
• Recruits and selects brand-right Associates; is always on the lookout for promising individuals and cultivates relationships with them.
• Delivers the top 3 Key Results by inspiring associates to provide the customer experience through developing associate competence and knowledge; and analyzing store financial data.
• Forecasts staffing needs accurately based on available information and schedules associates accordingly. Appropriately adjusts staffing levels up or down to meet the business.
• Ensures all Associates are appropriately trained to delight every customer.
• Accurately forecast sales monthly, weekly and daily for the purpose of forecasting actual dollar cost to the store P&L, and adhering to HTSG.
• Leads OD business partnerships and co-planning.
• Follows all company policy and procedures to ensure safety and security of the business.
• Analyzes store financial data and develops/implements action plans to daily deliver the 3 Key Results.
• Demonstrates sound judgment in anticipating challenges, problem solving, and seeking the right resources to resolve issues. Reports all appropriate information to Regional Management.
• Takes pride in the appearance of the store and ensures visual displays are in accordance with Company provided planograms.
• Establishes a store culture that embraces diversity and maximizes the learnings from a diverse team.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
• Comprehensive knowledge from operations, processes and business implications
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills
• Team building and management skills
• Sound judgment
• Excellent coaching and development skills
• Problem Solving and decision making skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Oral and written communication both up and down
• Knowledge of current optical theory and merchandise
• College degree or equivalent experience
• 4+ years Management/supervisory experience
• A proven track record of delivering the organizations results through people
• Previous experience in customer service and retail preferred
• State licensure preferred (where applicable)
• ABO Certification in non-licensed states preferred
- 2 years ago - save job