Located in Torrance, CA, South Bay High School (SBHS) is a non-public High School looking for an experienced Part-Time Licensed Occupational Therapist (OT) for an AM position.
SBHS part of the Star View Adolescent Center multi-service psychiatric programming also inclusive of an acute care Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF), Community Treatment Facility (CTF), and Day Treatment Intensive Program (DTI).
Part-time opportunity: 20hrs per week / 200 days per year
Day time hours: while school is in session
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education, experience, AND certification as indicated below:
*Bachelor’s Degree in a Mental Health–related discipline plus 4-years direct service experience in a Mental Health field (QMHP)
Master’s Degree in a Mental Health–related discipline plus 2-years direct service experience in a Mental Health field (QMHP);
Certified as an Occupational Therapist
SAMPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with seriously emotionally disturbed adolescents, other staff and the public.
• Ability to walk, run and play active games with the adolescents.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, 3+ hrs.
• Coordinates and provides direct and indirect rehabilitation treatment to adolescents under the indirect or direct supervision of the Director, Coordinator or his/her designee.
• Performs a written rehabilitation assessment of new residents utilizing verbal, written, auditory and visual communication.
• Develops an individualized schedule of therapeutic groups with and for each adolescent.
• Makes referrals to appropriate community agencies based on rehabilitation assessments and treatment team concurrence, e.g. VRS, GED.
• Leads or co-leads therapeutic groups.
• Coordinates and visually and audibly monitors daily unit activity program.
• Coordinates and visually and audibly supervises adolescents on outings.
• Prepares verbal reports regarding adolescent's participation and progress in the Activity Program, and makes written documentation of same in medical record.
• Actively participates in Treatment Team meetings and assists in the development of a written Interdisciplinary Treatment Plan.
• Assists with maintaining inventory and equipment by visually inspecting equipment and supply levels and then communicating needs in the form of purchase orders in writing or orally to vendors with the approval of the Director, Coordinator or his/her designee.
• When assigned, coordinates facility-wide special activities.
• When assigned, drives van on outings.
• Responsible for petty cash monies used for outings, activities and purchases.
• Participates in agency efforts to improve quality.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, will perform other duties as required by Manager.
Pay is Competitive compensation and benefits, including health, dental, vision, 401(k), ESOP, supplemental insurance, generous vacation / flexible schedule and much more! We are a DMH Contract provider.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit cover, resume and certificate via email email@example.com
Darcy Cordova, Principal SBHS
310-373-4556 ext. 105
STARS Behavioral Health Group - 18 months ago