2 Positions available, located in a school health office |
Possession of a current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Minnesota
Individuals required to use County vehicles and equipment must have a valid Minnesota driver’s license and be free of any major traffic violations for the last three (3) years.
Nature of Work:
Under supervision of a professional registered nurse, give nursing care to students in school and participates in assigned activities; responsible for recognizing and a reporting significant change in students status to appropriate responsible persons; and performs related work as assigned. Must be available to support the department during emergency situations.
Examples of Work:
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure rates)
- Teaches appropriate self-care as directed by the professional nurse
- Assists in providing treatments
- Writes records of care and treatment given and records changes in students’ conditions
- Administers prescribed medications under close supervision according to agency policies
- Replenishes medical supplies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of daily hygienic care
- Knowledge of measures to prevent spreading of diseases
- Knowledge of methods of handling sterile materials and dressings
- Knowledge of first aid assistance to render in emergencies
- Knowledge of practical nursing theory and practices
- Some experience with school age children is preferred
- Ability to establish effective relationships with students, fellow workers, school staff and the public
- Ability to interpret work to others, including students’ families and staff
- Ability to record accurately
In compliance w/ the Americans with Disabilities Act the following represents the Physical/Environmental Demands : This position requires a majority of time (up to 70%) spent walking and sitting. Some standing is required and objects of usually no more than ten (10) pounds need to be lifted, carried or pushed. Adverse movements such as reaching overhead, bending or crouching are sometimes required. Simultaneous/repetitive use of both hands is required for writing and data entry. Excellent sensory skills are important (sight, hearing and speech) as well as ability to communicate effectively. No adverse working conditions.
Persons with disabilities: The above is a general listing of job duties. Essential and non-essential functions may vary by individual position. Reasonable accommodations may be available for both essential and non-essential job duties.
Olmsted County, MN - 2 years ago