Silverado Associates know that there is no substitute for a meaningful career. We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment. We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others. Shouldn't it be about more than just earning a paycheck? At Silverado, it is about ENRICHING LIVES. |
Silverado is presently seeking a Licensed Vocational / Practical Nurse to join our Hospice team.
- Education: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; current State nursing license; evidence of training in CPR.
- Experience: Six months in a skilled nursing or assisted living facility working with the demented, geriatric or disoriented residents preferred. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, State and Federal regulations governing nursing care. Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Supervisory Experience: Experience supervising others is desired. This would include, but is not limited to: setting performance expectations, coaching, motivating, promoting collaboration and teamwork, promoting company culture, managing change, providing performance feedback, delegating effectively, resolving conflicts, etc.
- Other: Excellent organizational skills required. Exhibits empathetic communication style with residents, families, and co-workers. Must have valid driver license, good driving record, and current auto insurance. Ability to read, write and speak English. Must be comfortable working in an environment with pets and assisting in the care of community pets, including, but not limited to, dogs, cats, and birds. Willing to demonstrate passion and ability to work with people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related disease.
Summary of Major Functions:
- Directly responsible for supervising Caregivers and CNAs, overseeing the care provided to residents at a Silverado assisted living Community.
This is a Per Diem position that is On-Call .
To apply, please visit our website at www.silveradocare.com/join-our-team . Or fax your resume to (650)654-9015.
At Silverado, we sincerely appreciate our Associates! Silverado has been award the Best Place to Work Award in both Texas and Southern California. Silverado Senior Living offers competitive pay and great benefits for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, vacation, and sick time as well as great opportunities for growth.
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Silverado are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well as drug screening, a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.