Home Health Care Licensed Vocational Nurse
A. POSITION SCOPE
1. To ensure quality and safe delivery of home health care services.
2. To assist in the provision of home health care services that reflect the Agency’s philosophy and standards of home health and nursing care of assigned clients.
B. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
2. Current licensed vocational nurse registration with the State Board of Nursing required.
3. Experience in home health care or related health care field preferred.
4. Current CPR certificate required.
C. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Ability to accurately comprehend and provide oral and written information.
2. Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting, extensive bending and standing.
3. Ability to deal effectively with stress.
NOTE: Responsible accommodations may be made by the Agency to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
D. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES & STANDARDS
1. Ensures quality and safe delivery of home health care services.
a. Participates in implementation of client Plans of Care per Agency policies and procedures.
b. The care provided nurse care reflects client Plans of Care.
c. Client clinical record documentation reflects delivery of quality and safe home health care services.
2. Implements current nursing practices.
a. Nursing interventions are implemented according to client plans of care. Preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures are initiated.
b. Client clinical record documentation is done per Agency policies and procedures.
c. Infection control and safety measures are implemented per the Agency policies and procedures.
d. Identified client needs are communicated to the RN Supervisor/Case Manager Care Services in a timely manner. The patient’s Physician, DDS or podiatrist is informed of significant changes in the patient’s condition immediately.
e. Clinical care is implemented per Agency policies and procedures.
f. Client’s overall appearance reflects good personal hygiene.
g. Client environment is neat and orderly.
h. Procedures and treatments are implemented accurately and documented appropriately on clinical notes.
i. Educates and instructs the patient, patient’s family, or staff as required.
j. Client requests are responded to promptly.
k. Proper body mechanics are utilized consistently.
l. Administers prescribed medications and treatments as permitted by law.
3. Promotes effective written/verbal communications.
a. Skill in conflict resolution is demonstrated.
b. Cooperation with Agency staff members and the Director of Patient Services pursuant to home health care agency philosophy and objectives are demonstrated.
c. Consultation with the Director of Patient Care Services and are initiated as issues and concerns require.
4. Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
a. Utilization of equipment and supplies in a cost-effective manner is demonstrated.
b. Information regarding malfunctioning equipment and inadequate supplies is given to the appropriate individuals.
c. Information is give to clients and client families regarding effective and efficient use of equipment and supplies.
5. Complies with the Agency policies and procedures.
a. Time card documentation is done accurately and in a timely manner per Agency procedure.
b. Job performance of Home Health Care Vocational Nurse is demonstrated to be in compliance with Agency policies and procedures, and state and federal laws.
c. Maintenance of confidentiality of client information is demonstrated per Agency policies and procedures when utilizing a procedure.
d. Infection control and safely measures are implemented per the Agency policies and procedures.
e. Client concerns are consistently addressed per Agency policies and procedures.
f. Current professional licenses of Home Health Care Vocational Nurses are maintained and documented.
6. Promotes education for clients and client families and the community.
a. Identification of client, client family and community education needs is demonstrated.
b. Participation in education programs to address identified client, client family and community education is demonstrated.
7. Participates in personal professional growth and development.
a. Professional career objectives are developed and implemented.
b. Participation in education programs is consistently demonstrated.
Monster - 18 months ago