This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8-hour shift; 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm or 10:00 am - 6:30 pm
- Graduate of a Licensed Vocational Nursing Program required
- Current California LVN licensure required
- Current CPR certification required
- Minimum of 6 months recent employment experience as LVN required or Licensed New Grad with clinical experience in a community or hospital based setting caring for dependent adult patients required.
- Prior experience with geriatric care preferred
- Basic computer competency required
- Must have excellent crisis intervention skills, teamwork, communication skills, and manage the care for the geriatric population
- Demonstrates complex problem solving and the use of critical thinking required
- Complies with all regulatory and accreditation standards
- Meets the standards of patient care delivery as defined by Sharp HealthCare including medication administration, documentation, and assistance with ADL needs
- Must be self-motivated with strong communication skills
Work with an interdisciplinary team to deliver quality patient care.
The Older Adult Program (OAP) is a 13 bed unit psychiatric unit at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital. This unit accommodates the special needs for seniors. Each patient is under the care of a psychiatrist who directs a treatment team of registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, social workers, activity therapists psychologists, occupational therapists and mental health workers, all trained to identify the special behavioral health needs of seniors. Individual treatment plans are designed to meet each patients unique needs.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness. Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community.
Essential Physical Requirements May include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Keywords: 51417, LVN
Sharp Healthcare - 7 months ago
Sharp HealthCare stands on the cutting edge of health care delivery in Southern California. The system of not-for-profit hospitals and...