Gateways Hospital and Mental Health Center offers services under contract with the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health. As many as 28 adolescent beds and 27 adult beds are available. The hospital is accredited and licensed to provide an intensive therapy program for adults and adolescents in need of acute psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis, stabilization and treatment. The staff can further provide assistance with placement referrals, when indicated for hospitalized patients.
The clinical staff constitutes a multi-disciplinary treatment team. Structured individualized programs are available to meet the needs of each patient requiring mental health or dual diagnosis services.
Among the services provided to inpatients are:
- One-on-one counseling
- Group therapy sessions
- Recreational and cultural activities and socialization
- Round-the-clock nursing care including medication monitoring
- Special education programs for adolescents
The Licensed Vocational Nurse assists and supports the RN in patient care planning, organization and implementation, administering personal care, medications, treatment and procedures as authorized by hospital policy, LVN license/scope of practice and standards of nursing care
• One year experience in an adult and/or adolescent inpatient psychiatric unit; May include up to six (6) months experience on an inpatient chemical dependency unit.
• Experience with involuntary patients.
• Experience with the management of assaultive behavior and seclusion and restraints.
• Completion of clinical rotation in Psychiatric Nursing.
• Completion of curriculum Pharmacology Class.
• Reference from one nursing instructor/nurse manager
• Willing to work under experienced mentor to complete a three (3) month internship with evaluation at GWH in Psychiatric Nursing.
Minimum Education Required
• Graduated from accredited college/university/school
• Passed CA LVN State Board exam and has a license in good standing
Gateways Hospital & Mental Health Center - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard