Life Divisional Sales Manager
Position Responsibility Overview
The Life Divisional Sales Manager (DSM) has the overriding objective of increasing sales of Protective Life Insurance products through managing our core distribution group of Regional Life Consultants ( RLC ) and Area Life Consultants ( ALC). This person will also drive business through Smith Barney, TIME and AIM organizations in an assigned territory that includes the following states: AZ, CO, CA, OR, WA, UT, ID, MT, ND, SD, NM, NV, AK, HI and WY.
More specifically, the duties of the position will include:
Successful Candidate Profile
- Manage, mentor and coach our RLC’s and ALC’s to become more effective point of sale consultants for Edward Jones FA’s and any other Broker Dealer accounts.
- Develop and enhance relationships with wholesalers in Smith Barney, TIME and AIM, encouraging a stronger and more productive commitment to Protective.
- Act as a primary resource for the organizations, providing technical assistance and training in products and procedures.
- Conduct producer-oriented seminars, presenting the Protective story and product information.
- Function as a liaison between the sales organizations and the Protective home office, staying informed on critical cases and contracting situations.
- Apply an understanding of life insurance products and advanced marketing concepts, to assist in case design in advanced markets situations.
- Ensure that the organizations are properly educated in Protective products, procedures, and software.
- In coordination with the internal Life Sales Consultant, follow up on seminars and presentations to ensure attendees become sources of life production and that all firms are kept supplied with Protective materials.
- Manage a travel and promotions budget in line with expectations.
The successful candidate for the Divisional Sales Manager position will have a proven track record of supporting life insurance sales organizations and/or financial institutions’ life sales. Critical evidence of the candidate’s qualifications will be the life insurance sales generated.
A strong history of initiating and enhancing relationships with sales organizations, resulting in life insurance sales. Retail experience or a history of managing point of sale consultants is preferred An established network of successful sales organizations. Experience with carriers who are successful within Edward Jones and/or other Broker Dealer firms is preferred.
- An in-depth knowledge of a broad range of life insurance products and product applications; including universal life, variable universal life, and term products.
- Experience in creating and developing presentations to producers and wholesalers, including advanced sales concept, product, and procedure training.
- Successful life insurance personal production history helpful.
- Well-developed organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple issues and demands.
- The capacity to work independently and to participate effectively in a team environment.
- The ability to simplify complex technical concepts and present them in a precise and easily understood fashion.
- Attention to detail and quality of service in all aspects of relationship management.
- College degree and industry professional designations helpful.
- Series 6 license required.
- Life license for resident state required.
- Experience in business travel and the willingness to travel extensively within the region
Protective Life Corporation - 11 months ago