The Aviation Department is seeking a well-qualified candidate to supervise and manage a Facilities Maintenance group that supports many of the Department's critical automated building systems.
This supervisory position provides technical hardware and software support for automated building control networks and systems. These systems include security/access control, CCTV, life safety, building automation energy management, environmental sensors/controls and other specialized building networks/systems. The supervisor filling this vacancy will direct technicians who install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, program and calibrate building automation, security/access control, CCTV, fire alarm/life safety and other Energy Management systems and components. The technicians also develop, modify, and implement Building Automation computer graphics, software programs and perform database management. The supervisor will also be responsible for reviewing blueprints, drawings and schematics for proposed projects and equipment.
The candidate must be detail-oriented, work diligently to meet tight deadlines and communicate effectively with direct reports and internal customers. An ideal candidate will be a leader who has well-rounded supervisory and management experience in working with technical workers, contractors, vendors and engineers. Duties include: reducing operational costs and improving productivity and efficiency; evaluating technical building systems and making recommendations for system expansions, upgrades, modifications, and replacement. The candidate must be able to manage contracts and projects and meticulously maintain operational and personnel-related records/logs.
Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$60,174 - $89,856 annually. Appointment can be made above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
QUALIFICATIONS - Desired qualifications include:
- Experience in technical support management and/or supervision.
- Experience in the design, installation, programming, and maintenance of Building Automation, Access Control, Fire/Life Safety and Audio/Video surveillance networked systems.
- Associate’s Degree (or higher level degree) in Electronics or a related field (such as Electronic Engineering Technology or Computer Information Systems).
- Working irregular hours, second and/or third shifts, weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
- NICET Level II, or above, Fire Alarm Systems certification
- Certified Energy Manager (
) with the Association of Energy Engineers
- Vendor training and/or field experience in one or more of the following areas:
Fire and security systems:
Edwards EST3/Fireworks, CCTV with digital video storage, Ademco Vista, Honeywell
, Firelite and Notifier along with Xtralis VESDA.
Alerton, Metasys, or similar building automation software.
Honeywell Energy Manager, Eaton Power Management.
City of Phoenix - 23 months ago