The Turnaround Management Program Manager will develop, manage, and drive all facets of programs and offerings in support of executing Turnarounds such as Evergreen upgrades, system obsolescence planning and prevention, asset strategy and optimization, system maintenance and health management, valve selection, maintenance and repair, instrument, flow and analytical device selection, calibration, and repair. The Turnaround Management Program Manager will be responsible for packaging existing offerings into meaningful customer valued programs specific to each industry as well as creating new programs to address market demands and customer needs for Turnarounds. Creating Turnaround Packages will include: solution definition and development, market position, price and promotion, sales training, support, and overall business results tracking and support will be a central focus of this position. As an integral part of Emerson’s Service initiatives, Turnaround Management will be a major part of the Lifecycle Care business in each of the Process Group business. The Turnaround Management Program Manager will be responsible for framing the solutions, including market research and planning, development of the offer, initial rollout, organizational readiness for delivery and support, and perpetual management of the program’s success and adoption globally.
The Turnaround Management Program Manager will be essential in providing the Global WA Lifecycle Care Sales Specialists consultative solution selling strategies, tools, collateral, and expertise. This Program Manager will be a subject matter expert and trusted advisor for creating customer Turnaround strategies and positioning programs to deliver value and create opportunities for our sales team to sell long-term Reliability Management Agreements containing different combinations of service offerings across a variety of customer plant assets.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Define, develop, structure, strategize, evangelize, and measure the Global cross-business unit Turnaround Management to ensure their global adoption to targets
- Work with key business leaders in Fisher, Rosemount, Micro-motion, Daniel, Rosemount Analytics and Process System and Solutions (Systems and Asset Management) to develop and drive a comprehensive Turnaround Management offering from Emerson process Management.
- Work with World Area (WA) business leaders to rollout the offer globally, making sure to fine-tune/customize the facets of the program for each WA’s specific needs and dynamics.
- Continuous surveying of emerging trends and best practices in the industry, traditional competitors, adjacent spaces (e.g. IT) and the global sales channel to stay abreast of potential opportunities as well as lessons to be learned
- Track and develop competitive analysis around the program and understand of SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threats)
- Interact with existing customers and the global sales channel to brainstorm unmet needs and concerns. Utilization of quantitative market research tools (e.g. Max/Diff, Conjoint) to prioritize potential new features / attribute sets for the offering may be required
- Develop, monitor, and present quarterly reports on adoption rates, revenue, profitability, penetration, and forward direction
- Develop and maintain quantifiable business justification (and associated sales tools) for the adoption of the offers by our customers
- Lead the development of sales tools and collateral (pain to solutions maps, presentations, QBRs, whitepapers), marketing communications (email, webinars, internet/intranet material, etc..) around the programs
- Support sales pursuits globally by being the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Turnarounds, including sales training, initial rollout, on-going general sales Q&A, estimating/proposal/quoting, installation, and longer-term support of solutions
- Ensure global organizational readiness for consistent and high-quality delivery of the offering and ongoing support – work closely with operations leaders to assist in development of S&OP planning for global Turnaround business.
- Provide direct customer facing and Subject Matter Expert consulting (on customer site) as required for Turnaround pursuits
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- BS Eng or Comp Sci + 8 years; OR MS Eng or Comp Sci + 7 years of experience working in an industrial plant with involvement in Turnaround planning, scoping or execution
- Experience working with sales, marketing, and operations in developing programs
- Minimum of one area of mastery in the following subject areas: automation industry and automation platform , turnaround consultant services, system maintenance and reliability, asset monitoring and management, valve maintenance, instrumentation calibration, analytical instrument analysis, rotating equipment maintenance
- Strong analytical skills to be able to determine those opportunities that offer greatest benefit to users and have measurable returns for Emerson
- Service Sales and Marketing competence – can communicate the value of services and turnaround management concepts and best practices
- Demonstrated idea articulation and/or teaching skills (must be able to effectively communicate and execute a vision). Can adapt communication depending on situation or individual, and can influence or persuade.
- Able to lead through influence at all levels of the organization (up, down, and laterally)
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and develop tangible results to move programs forward productively
- Excellent Presentation skills – demonstrated ability to deliver value messages to both large and small audiences
- Have worked across multiple geographic locations (e.g. Americas, Europe, Asia, Middle-east)
- Experience or familiarity working at a process industry facility with heaviest emphasis on turnaround involvement
- Creativity – Candidate has talent in creating new and effective processes and procedures and is able to come up with new and better ways to improve offerings
- Familiarity with Emerson service delivery channels
Relocation benefits may be available for this position.
Emerson Process Management is a leading supplier of process management products and solutions, including control valves, regulators, transmitters, analyzers, and automation and safety systems. Its Process Systems and Solutions business makes automation, safety, and operations management systems – built on the proven PlantWeb digital plant architecture – to help plants run more safely, reliably and efficiently.
Experience the Rewards
As part of Emerson Process Management, Process Systems & Solutions (PSS) has expertise and capabilities in all phases of the process automation lifecycle from early planning and design, through project engineering, project execution, commissioning and ongoing operations.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package to include medical, prescription drug, and dental plans; 401k with company match; profit-sharing; company paid life, AD&D, and travel insurance; educational assistance in form of tuition reimbursement; short-term and long-term disability plans; matching gift program; and holiday and vacation plans.
Who May Apply
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Process Systems and Solutions' policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or age and any other factor prohibited by law.
Emerson Process Management (www.emersonprocess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production,...