Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes over 95,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, our 2,600 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Location of Position: Camp Lejeune, NC
Title of Position: Lifeguard / Pool Attendant
Statement of Job:
The Pool Attendant or Lifeguard is responsible for supervising all activities in the pool area of the property. The purpose of the position is to provide a safe environment in the pool area.
The Lifeguard reports to the Operations Director or Community Manager and works with all site personnel.
1. Responsible for representing himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with all residents, guests, and employees.
a. Always presents a professional image of himself/herself, uniformed in an appropriate lifeguard bathing suit.
2. Responsible for working with the Property Manager, any other Lifeguards, and all other site personnel in an effective, productive manner.
1. Responsible for achieving and maintaining all appropriate Red Cross certifications, and for furnishing copies of such certifications to the Property Manager.
2. Closely watches people in the pool in order to warn against inappropriate activity and to be cognizant of any need for personal assistance.
3. Controls the number of people in the pool at any given time to ensure that the pool is not overcrowded, according to Red Cross standards.
4. Enforces the property's rules at all times for use of and activity in and around the pool, including wearing appropriate attire.
5. Cleans the pool each morning before the pool is open, and as needed during and at the end of each day.
6. Ensures that the pool area is always clean and in good repair, with responsibility for calling the Director of Maintenance as needed for maintenance and/or cleaning assistance.
a. Pays special attention to being aware of any broken glass in the pool area, and arranging for its immediate removal.
7. Responsible for opening and closing the pool area at the appropriate times each day the pool is open. Ensures that all gates to the area are locked at the end of each day.
1. Performs special assignments as needed, or as requested by the Operations Director, Community Manager or Director of Property Management.
2. Executes such other responsibilities as determined by the DPM, Operations Director or Community Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Motivated, energetic, customer service orientated individuals who have experience in the lifeguard field with appropriate certifications. Similar field experiences include hospitality or the hotel industry in addition to country club pools or spas or beach / ocean lifeguard watch.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining all appropriate Red Cross and/or American Heart Association certifications, and for furnishing copies of such certifications.
- CPR / AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Lifeguard Training and First Aid
- Must be able to read and write English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A valid driver’s license, limited learner permit or level 2 limited provisional license and acceptable driving record are required.
- Acceptable background check
- Must pass the pre – employment drug test
This position is seasonal, starting the end of May through September, heavily dependent on the weather during this period. Scheduled hours will vary and includes weekends and holidays. Our pools are open Tuesday through Saturday 10am to 7pm and Sunday 11am to 7pm closed Mondays. Overtime hours may occur. Split shifts may occur.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
WinnResidential - 8 months ago