Title of Position: Lifeguard – Temporary Summer Position
1. Responsible for representing himself/herself and the property in a professional manner with all residents, guests, and employees.
a. Always presents a professional image of himself/herself, uniformed in an appropriate lifeguard bathing suit.
2. Responsible for working with the Property Manager, any other Lifeguards, and all other site personnel in an effective, productive manner.
1. Responsible for achieving and maintaining all appropriate Red Cross certifications, and for furnishing copies of such certifications to the Property Manager.
2. Closely watches people in the pool in order to warn against inappropriate activity and to be cognizant of any need for personal assistance.
3. Controls the number of people in the pool at any given time to ensure that the pool is not overcrowded, according to Red Cross standards.
4. Enforces the property's rules at all times for use of and activity in and around the pool, including wearing appropriate attire.
5. Cleans the pool each morning before the pool is open, and as needed during and at the end of each day.
6. Ensures that the pool area is always clean and in good repair, with responsibility for calling the Director of Maintenance as needed for maintenance and/or cleaning assistance.
a. Pays special attention to being aware of any broken glass in the pool area, and arranging for its immediate removal.
7. Responsible for opening and closing the pool area at the appropriate times each day the pool is open. Ensures that all gates to the area are locked at the end of each day.
1. Performs special assignments as needed, or as requested by the Operations Director, Community Manager or Director of Property Management.
2. Executes such other responsibilities as determined by the DPM, Operations Director or Community Manager.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
First aid training/certification, previous lifeguard experience preferred. Must be available to work from May 20th through September 1st.
Schedule: Must be available to work a varied schedule, including weekends.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE