The primary responsibility of the Lifestyle Assistant – Memory Care is to assist the Program Director – Memory Care in providing a full-time social and activity program in the neighborhood(s) for all residents and families which encourages resident socialization, improves daily living skills, expands personal interests, increases physical activity and education, making every effort to maintain and expand the lifestyle of all the residents.
Areas of Responsibility
• Assist the Program Director – Memory Care in conducting and coordinating scheduled activities seven days a week for all the residents in the neighborhood(s).
• Assist in preparing the monthly Lifestyle calendar, posting the calendar and distributing it to all residents.
• Facilitate and support monthly resident council meetings and other meetings as directed by the Program Director – Memory Care.
• Assist the Program Director – Memory Care in contacting appropriate community groups and volunteers to perform specific activities and to assist in the Lifestyle programs.
• Assist in arranging for the transportation of residents to outings and other off-property activities.
• Assist in scheduling transportation for residents.
• Maintain documentation required by the state for activity planning, organization, evaluation and goals.
• Assist the Program Director – Memory Care in coordinating special events (such as family nights and private resident parties) in conjunction with the Community Director and other Department Heads.
• Assist the Program Director – Memory Care in initiating individual resident Lifestyle programs.
• Assist in implementing Lifestyle programs addressing the needs of the Memory Care residents when appropriate.
• Assist residents with assisted living services per resident service plan.
• Cover shifts as needed to assure adequate staffing.
• Assist the Program Director – Memory Care in conducting program evaluations.
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly newsletter for distribution to all residents, residents’ families and prospects.
• Assist the Program Director – Memory Care in assessing residents’ social and lifestyle activity preferences.
• Assist in meeting residents’ needs by tailoring Lifestyle programs to these needs.
• Operate within the Company’s budget guidelines.
• Actively participate in the marketing efforts by coordinating resident lifestyle activities with Sales & Marketing activities.
• Be prepared to drive the property vehicles on an as needed basis.
• Attend and participate in all meetings and training as required by Company policy and the Program Director – Memory Care.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when on duty.
• Be constantly watchful of resident change in status. Report all signs to the Program Director – Memory Care following the Company policies and procedures.
• Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the Program Director – Memory Care as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
• Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents’ rights.
• Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, staff or Community information deemed as such.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to work agreed-upon work hours, including possible overtime.
• Some weekend and holiday work may be required.
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum one (1) year of related experience at an independent living, assisted living, or senior nursing facility preferred.
• Must have working knowledge of appropriate Microsoft Office programs.
• Must possess high energy/enthusiasm, decision making, problem solving, planning/organization, and rapport building skills.
• Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
• Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
• The Community is a drug free workplace; employees are subject to adherence to the Company Drug Free Workplace policy.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for the state where the vehicle is operated.
• Appropriate CDL license preferred.
• Must have an acceptable Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) record.
• Must be considered to be insurable by the Community’s automobile insurance carrier.
• Must not have the following:
• Driver’s license denied or revoked within the last three (3) years.
• Two (2) or more suspensions (with reinstatement), within three
(3) years or currently suspended license without reinstatement.
Suspensions for certain offenses will not be considered for the
purposes of this requirement, i.e.: unpaid tickets, failure to
appear, underage use of tobacco, and failure to pay child support.
• Any major DMV citation in the last five (5) years. Major citations
are defined as those punishable by incarceration.
• Two (2) or more at fault accidents within the last three (3) years.
• Three (3) or more moving violations within the last three (3)
• Must be able to pass a driving safety test while driving the Community vehicle.
Physical/Sensory Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
• Able to lift and carry loads up to 25 pounds;
• Able to walk, reach and stand for long periods of time;
• Able to grasp, with fine hand coordination;
• Able to push and pull;
• Able to distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures;
• Able to read and write;
• Able to communicate with residents and personnel;
• Able to remain calm under stressful conditions;
• Able to hear emergency and call system of residents.
ALLEGRO SENIOR LIVING - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard