This position is located in Serra Mesa.
10-hour shift: 2:30 pm – 1:00 am, weekends and some holidays
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Current CPR certification from a healthcare provider required
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant course preferred
- Current experience as a Lift Team Tech, Patient Transporter, Nursing Assistant or equivalent in an acute care hospital setting preferred.
- Patient care experience or training required
- Ability to be self-directed and be able to work in an uninstructed environment required
- Must have excellent customer service skills required
The Lift Team Technician will support the clinical workflow by moving patients via lift equipment and lift team personnel. The Lift Team Technicians lifts, turns, transfers, and repositions of patients requiring moderate to total assistance and other duties as assigned.
The lift team is a two person per shift unit that floats throughout the hospital and assists each department as needed with patient lifts and movement. The lift team is an important role within the facility. This role impacts patient and staff safety and comfort.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
- Twisting (trunk)
- Bending (waist)
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Bed mobilization(scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 10 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...