The Line Cook reports to the Green Tomato Café Chef and is responsible for most of the actual food production and plating within his/her assigned place on the line.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for setting up station according to restaurant guidelines.
2. Responsible for preparing all food items as directed in an accurate, sanitary and timely manner.
3. Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the cafe.
4. Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
5. Responsible for the proper use and maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
6. Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
7. Responsible for completing side work before and after shift.
8. Responsible for performing other duties as specified by the General Manager, Kitchen Manager, or Assistant Kitchen Manager.
9. Responsible for performing other duties as required helping LCHC accomplish its mission.
Required Skills or Abilities
1. Requires a basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
2. Requires understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
3. Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
4. Must be able to take direction and work in a team environment.
5. Must be able to work calmly in a fast paced environment with exposure to cold, heat, and water.
6. Must be able to lift 50 pounds on occasion and 35 pounds regularly.
7. Must be self motivated, organized and have a commitment to quality food and guest service.
8. Must strongly embrace and personify the mission of the Lawndale Christian Health Center.
Required Knowledge, Experience, or Licensure/Registration
High School Diploma Required, Prep or Line Cook Experience Preferred, Sanitation Certificate Preferred