From concept-to-commercialization, Ryt-way provides ingenuity, flexibility, efficiency, and responsiveness to deliver value at every stage in the food packaging process. Ryt-way Industries is the one company that can deliver speed, precision, and performance from start to finish . Our goal is to save time, reduce materials, increase speed, and lower overall cost. We need employees that operate in good faith with a positive attitude and collaborative work style. It is essential that Ryt-way employees are committed to a safe and healthy work environment.
The incumbent for the Line Lead position will have the overall responsibility of performing a wide variety of manufacturing and related tasks and be responsible for the overall efficiency, quality, and safety of assigned packaging operation and personnel at Ryt-way.
The Lakeville plant operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. We have four work teams who work a 2-2, 3-2, 2-3 work schedule at 12 hours per day. Two teams work each day (one day team; one night team).
- Day Teams (A and B) 6am - 6pm
- Night Teams (C and D) 6pm - 6am
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Line Lead has the accountability for verifying that the product they produced is made in accordance with the customer’s specification and meets the company’s quality expectations. Although this position has no direct supervisory authority, the Line Lead provides direction and leadership to the personnel assigned to their production line.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Line Lead consist of but are not limited to:
· Responsible for work assignment, monitoring, training, recording line productivity, quality results, pallet completions, and related activities to support production activities.
· Perform periodic product and process quality checks to ensure material is not defective or damaged and that material is appropriate to customer specifications.
· Maintain record of materials and product on the line, check tag inventory.
· Use inventory control system to create product tags and ordering product.
· Verify the documentation from Hopper Filler is accurate.
· Communicate effectively with Production Supervisor on line performance, employee performance, quality issues, and other daily needs.
· Perform any job duty on the line in support of line operations.
· Assist other personnel to ensure that assigned packaging line runs at maximum safety, efficiency, and quality. Maintain the productivity efficiency goals.
· Dispose of off quality, improper product and materials in designated areas.
· Report any issue to Production Supervisor
· Perform visual quality check of packaged and finished product to ensure that they are not damaged or defective.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Make minor adjustments to production equipment.
· Document product weight & plot average in Winspc program.
· Perform all other duties deemed necessary, or required by the Production Supervisor and Manager.
· Willingness to work overtime when asked.
· Ability to maintain a positive and productive relationship with co-workers and others with whom the position may have contact.
· Set up coder and checkweigher equipment
· Willingness to work as a team member and help out where needed to ensure maximum process efficiency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· One or more years experience working in a manufacturing environment, leadership experience
· Food industry experienced preferred
· Understand verbal and written instructions
· Basic Math skills, Addition & Subtraction
· Possess a high level of patience and composure
· Ability to respond quickly
· Ability to delegate and direct
· Ability to handle several tasks concurrently
· Ability to work well with a wide variety of people
· Basic computer skills
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
T he Line Lead of Ryt-way Industries, LLC shall be considered to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have occurred:
· Satisfactory performance of all essential job duties
· Employee maintains a positive attitude and productive relationship with co-workers
· Employee works as a team member and helps out where ever needed
· Employee is willing to work overtime when asked
· Employee follows all safety precautions and regulations
Ryt-way’s number one priority is keeping our employees and visitors safe. Therefore all employees are required to:
· Follow all current and future safety policies, at all times
· Participate in all safety training and pass written exams
· Wear safety glasses, hair net, ear protection and smock at all times while in the production/warehouse area of the plant
· Report all accident/incidents immediately to the proper person
· Provide post-accident drug screen
NOTE: In terms of a 12 hour workday, “Occasionally” equals 1% to 33%; “Frequently” equals 34% to 66%, and “Continuously” equals 67% to 100% of the time. In an 12 hour workday the job holder should be able to:
· Continuously stand and walk
· Occasionally bend/stoop, squat, twist, push/pull, kneel and crouch
· Occasionally climb to a height of approximately 10ft.
· Occasionally reach above shoulder level
· Frequently carry/lift up to fifty (50) pounds
· Frequently use hands for the repetitive actions of simple and firm grasping and fine manipulation
· Frequently use his/her head and neck in flexing and rotating
· Continuously be around moving machinery
· Frequently be in dusty conditions and exposed to cleaning solvents, lubricants and chemicals
This position is non-exempt making it eligible for overtime
Hearthside Food Solutions - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard