Education and Experience:
• 2 years proven supervisory experience in Assembly, Manufacturing or Distribution environment.
• High school diploma is required.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in both English and Spanish is preferred.
• Must have a working knowledge of all aspects of production work and proven leadership experience.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and analytical skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
• Strong multitasking and time management skills. Comfortable working on several tasks simultaneously.
• Comfortable dealing with customer contacts, Insource supervisors, associates and management team.
• Strong computer experience using spreadsheet and word processing software.
• Self disciplined individual with strong work ethic. Self starter.
• Ability to identify problems and offer real world resolutions within constrained timelines.
• Ability to train new employees and develop team work within new work cells. Strong team player.
• Thoroughness and attention to details, with an ability to adhere to a timeline to ensure success.
• Having a sense of urgency, without overlooking critical details.
• Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and equipment.
• Ability to stand and work for entire shift.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
The purpose of the Lead is to assist the Supervisor to direct and oversee production work in his/her assigned location(s). He/she will direct and oversee production work and associated field services in the absence of the Supervisor. The Lead will be responsible for working directly with the employees and assisting the Supervisor in tasks such as leading multiple work cells, assignment of work, monitoring work flow, on the job training of new employees, monitoring labor needs, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in conveying and encouraging a safe work environment. Follow all safety rules and procedures.
• Assist in ensuring that weekly safety meetings are held, documented, and reported.
• Assist in ensuring that production is done accurately and timely.
• Assist in the training and development of a productive and highly motivated staff.
• Assist in displaying and encouraging teamwork.
• Assist in maintaining excellent working relationships with clients and customers.
• Assist in maintaining positive working relationships with all employees.
• Assist in communicating effectively with subordinates, peers, and members of management.
• Abide by, convey, and enforce company policies.
• Assist the Supervisor to plan and organize effectively.
• Assist the Supervisor to monitor and control costs.
• Report all accidents and product damage immediately and follow up by investigating appropriately.
• Assist Supervisor to resolve customer inquiries and damage claims in a professional and timely manner.
• Assist with the evaluation and documentation of employee performance at designated intervals.
• Assist in the maintenance of documentation of personnel issues.
• Adhere to confidentiality policies and ensure confidentiality of all employees’ records.
• Assist in the training and requirement of all employees to follow procedures related to production work.
• Maintain proficiency by performing production work a minimum of one full day per week.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.