Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation
(NYSE: PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric
utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco,
employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to
15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively
pursues and hires a diverse
workforce. Department Overview
General Construction Electric Department is comprised of approximately 700 employees, tasked with the Construction and Maintenance of high voltage electrical facilities within PG&E's system. It is a mobile work force
that may travel throughout PG&E’s service territory to perform its work. Position Summary
This classification is represented by IBEW Local 1245, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E.
lineman job is responsible for the construction and repair of overhead and underground high voltage electric facilities and equipment.
Work is predominantly outdoors and in all weather conditions. The individual must be able to drive safely, work extended
hours, travel/transfer to new headquarter upon request at anytime, and wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment.
GED or equivalent work experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma,
work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 10 days of hire
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes
- Ability to drive in all weather and road conditions
- Ability to
PG&E Employees: Must have qualified on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam prior to applying
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at anytime; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- External and Hiring Hall Candidates: Must qualify on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam prior to interviewing
- Must be able to wear company provided
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds a minimum of one time a day
- Must pass Lineman Assessment prior to offer
- Completion of state sanctioned and IBEW sponsored line worker apprenticeship
- Certified in Rubber Gloving procedures.
- Class A Driver’s License
- Experience in transmission work, underground, numerous voltages and distribution work
times in a safe manner, obeying all of PGE’s “Rules to Live By”, Safe Working Practices and Work Procedure Methods.
electric power lines, install cross arms and anchors, install and replaces switches/circuit protection equipment/insulators/meters/streetlights; hang and energize transformers; take voltage readings and perform phasing.
- Take direction from person in charge and work safely as a team with other members of the crew.
- Test, frame, and set poles; string
and towers, work at heights on poles/towers/aerial lifts, work with live circuits, climb ladders, work in manholes and confined spaces. Depending on work location/area, work may include working from helicopters, boats, snowmobiles and snow cats.
- Use hand and power tools, climb poles
remove, splice and terminate cables; install and replace equipment.
hydraulic, aerial and compressor-driven equipment.
- Load, unload, layout and prep tools/supplies/equipment/materials needed at each job site.
- Review work assignment; “redlines” corrects/changes drawing to job sketch.
Must work in a team environment participating in tailboards throughout the day.
- Based on qualifications, drive company pickup truck, crew cab, digger derrick, aerial lift to designated job sites.
- Communicate in person, by phone and radio with supervisor, foreman and coworkers.
work of other crewmembers; act as a leader.
- Provide on-the-job training/orientation/demonstration/assistance to pre-apprentice and apprentice linemen.
- Provide back-up relief in temporary absence of foreman; direct
- Attend all mandated OSHA and company training.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- 2 years ago - save job
What motivates our workforce of 20,000? Simple: Knowing that 15 million Californians count on us to ensure instant access to energy, 24...