Our Linguists review and analyze translated foreign language source material. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and approving reports for client;
- Broad areas of translation responsibility and delegating portions of work to lower level personnel;
- Translating advanced level recorded materials including audio and videotaped programs and technical discussions;
- Analyzing documents and/or conversations for patterns, trends, embedded codes, and cultural implications in order to discern more from the document than a straight translation would provide;
- Acting as interpreter during discussions as required;
- Developing and implementing translation methodology and quality control procedures and standards;
- Developing and reviewing finished work;
- Planning work and tracking status of projects;
- Performing quality control of all foreign language translations and transcriptions;
- Developing working aids for linguists;
- Leading and coordinating linguists’ work; and
- Interfacing with the client.
About ASI Government
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
- A minimum of 4 years transcription, translation, interpretation, or other language-related, cryptologic experience. (Level 3/3, as measured by the Defense Language Proficiency Test or equivalent (defined as US Government testing, language Training School, State Testing, etc.), is required. All testing must be current, within the last 12 months before resume acceptance date, or current testing must occur before resume is accepted. The American Council of Teachers of Foreign Languages certifies languages testers and publishes proficiency level guidelines for level 1-5 for all skills.) Performance at level 3 is required for all tasks.
- Extensive experience in language, literature, or related humanistic fields.
- Advanced linguistic knowledge, diverse background, and expertise required to quality control the entire spectrum of crytologic voice processing and graphic tasks.
- Demonstrated superior and professional competency in their previous assignments and positions.
- Individual must perform at final contractor Quality Control level on all voice and graphic tasks.
- Infrequent travel may be required.
- Languages include:
- Arabic (Levantine dialect)
- Arabic (Yemeni dialect)
- Baluchi (to include but not limited to Makran/Afghan dialect)
- Haitian Creole
For more than a decade, ASI Government (formerly Acquisition Solutions, Inc.) has served as a trusted advisor to government leaders seeking to improve mission performance, enhance organizational effectiveness, and drive strategic change. Our professionals are called in to help agencies deal with their toughest program and acquisition challenges, and we have a history of delivering results. We hire the best and the brightest in the industry. Our people are skilled professionals with integrity, intelligence, and the motivation to make a difference. Best of all, we offer meaningful work, open communication, and a highly collaborative environment.
Acquisition Solutions - 14 months ago