This is a 6 month contract minimum with an investment banking client. All candidates must work on a W2. We cannot work through any 3rd party vendors.
Seeking a Linux / AIX System Administrator to support new and existing technology initiatives. The person will be responsible for the provisioning, configuration, ongoing tuning and maintenance of Linux and AIX servers. Associated activities include OS technical support with components of complex engineering troubleshooting and analytical activities.
The person is expected to serve as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; providing technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member and individual contributor for initiatives and operations. The person will be required to collaborate with the line of business and interact with many different teams within the Bank to build out servers, many times under quick timeframes. Additionally, the person will be called upon in various circumstances to provide operational support services on a rotating basis.
5 - 8 years of Linux systems administration or engineering experience.
- Strong AIX Administration beneficial (HACMP, GPFS, Etherchannel, LVM with PowerPath)
- Strong communication skills & ability to interact well with others
- Able to accept and adapt to a rapidly changing environment, some after hours and weekend work will be needed.
- Ability to work with little supervision and expected to be trained on bank tools and processes and be ready to do work on projects in less than a month
- RHEL 6.x;
- Patching and OS upgrades at an Enterprise level
- Experience with environments running Apache Hadoop (Cloudera), Vertica Analytics Platform, DB2 Database and IBM IIS Datastage
- SAN, Netbackup, NAS filer experience – EMC Celerra / Centera
- Experience with HP hardware running Linux
Based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants...