Title: System Admin - LINUX and UNIX with STRONG Networking and Systems Engineering Skills
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
In this critical role, you'll utilize your rare combination of UNIX systems experience, network knowledge, troubleshooting skills, and coding sensibilities to design, deploy, monitor, and automate all operational processes.
The ideal candidate is a technical generalist with skills ranging from production systems/network management.
This position requires experience in systems administration, with development experience and performance tuning being a plus.
• Function as a technical generalist responsible for the overall health and performance of systems
• Work independently on assigned projects, being willing and able to ask for help when needed and escalate problems as they arise.
• Develop tools to automate the deployment, administration, and monitoring of a large-scale Linux environment
• Gain deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design
• Work with development teams to harden, enhance, document, and generally improve the operability and maintainability of our systems
• Identify and triage outages, monitor and remediate systems and network performance
• Assist in the configuration/build-out of new deployments to facilitate our constant growth
• Function as a key member of a cross-functional team to address new product deployment, system performance, capacity planning and SLA compliance.
• Available to Participate in a 12x7 (daylight hours) on-call pager rotation
Minimum Job Qualifications
BS in Computer Science, BSEE or similar experience
2+ years experience doing project oriented systems administration
Extensive system administration background
Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including application and network-level troubleshooting ability
Knowledge of Unix/Linux, Apache, performance tuning concepts, and web applications
Experience using scripting languages to perform complex automation in a large-scale environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience working with development teams
Preferred Job Qualifications
5+ years experience with Linux (RHEL a plus)
5+ years experience administering large-scale UNIX installations (ISP background a plus)
Experience with network designs, protocols, and troubleshooting.
Strong programming skills in one or more of: C, Perl, Python, Ruby, Java
Experience with SQL and commonly deployed database systems
Experience with high volume websites and deploying services to international audiences
send response to pankaj dot patel at idhasoft.com