Information International Associates, Inc., (IIa), an information and knowledge management firm in Oak Ridge, TN, is now accepting resumes for the full time position of Linux/Unix Administrator. This position is located in Oak Ridge, TN.
Primary duties include:
- Design, install, configure, and maintain UNIX/Linux systems, Storage, Backup, HPC clusters and application software in support of research needs.
- Provide consulting in the selection and purchase of hardware and software systems.
- Ensure the secure and effective operation of computing systems through compliance with ORNL procedures and IT Internal Operating Procedures.
- Troubleshoot system problems quickly and effectively.
- Work with other systems engineers and vendors to resolve hardware and software issues.
- Utilize Internet resources (mailing list, blogs, etc.) to resolve problems with open source software.
- Answer escalated helpline calls in addition to primary project work.
- Provide off hours support during maintenance windows and on-call support rotation.
- Develop and document procedures for startup, execution, shutdown, backup, and recovery.
- Monitor systems performance.
- Install and configure software, both commercial packages and various open source packages.
- Maintain documentation/notes on software builds and installs.
- Work with scientific users to determine needs, and balance needs against cyber requirements to provide a solution that meets the requirements of both.
- Port, modify and write system management, logging and scientific tools.
- Support data storage systems and backup services.
- Assist users with use of computing systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical subjects or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing UNIX Systems is required. Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills suitable for user support and ability to work well with peer system administrators is required.
- Experience with creating moderately complex scripts using Perl or other scripting languages is required.
- Demonstrated capabilities to work in a dynamic environment and translate user needs into actionable project plans and see those plans through execution while balancing needs for short-term, high-priority tasks.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, in English.
- Experience with various open source backup solutions (Backula, BackupPC, Amanda).
- Experience with configuring and managing HPC scientific clusters is desirable.
- RHCT or RHCE Certification is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of multiple operating systems is preferred. Experience with RHEL6 strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of open source web application services (apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Subversion, etc.) is desired.
- Experience with CFEngine, Nagios, PBS, OpenMPI is desired.
- Experience with various storage architectures, file systems and hardware is desired (iSCSI, SAS, Panasas, Netapp, Lustre, LVM, XVM, ext3, ext4).
- Previous experience working in a government, scientific, or other highly technical environment strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to balance complex research and security requirements is preferred.
- Individual must be able to work independently and must have demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good documentation skills, including ability to prepare simple documentation web pages, are also desirable.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy, which requires US Citizenship.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.