1. Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
2. Engineer, design, and deploy server baselines for Linux/Unix platforms
3. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
4. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
5. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
6. Develops and delivers documentation on new or existing systems.
7. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
8. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
9. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
10. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
11. Develop and baseline new Linux/Unix hardware and software build.
12. Test and install new build on the Linux/Unix hardware and Virtual Platforms.
13. Develop and provide build installation guide.
14. Obtain security approval for the new build and ensure it can deploy on DNI networks.
15. Develop and provide patching process and procedure to O&M group.
16. Develop and provide upgrade process and procedure to O&M group.
17. Provide and maintain server build and hardware/software metric.
18. Provide Tier 3 support and troubleshooting to O&M group.
19. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
20. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
21. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
22. Serve as liaison to vendors.
23. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
24. Manage multiple projects/tasks that interface with other IT disciplines.
25. Participates in special projects as required.
26. Participates in the engineering boards.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
(state type and preferred
# of years)
10 - 15 years of related systems engineering experience to include:
- Red Hat
- Sun Solaris
- HP Blade Servers
- IBM Blade Servers
1. An outstanding attitude, self-initiative and ability to work worth customers through entire implementation process
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. Ability to work as part of an integrated team
4. Knowledge of Agency PM framework
5. Experience in implementing small to large scale custom development and/or systems integration projects in one or more phases of the software development lifecycle
6. Experience with Visio Professional and other graphics tools
7. Understanding of the security processes and procedures followed by the IC Community
ACET - 12 months ago
ACET is an independent research corporation specializing in the evaluation of education, public health, and community-based programs. We ser...