Twitter is seeking engineers to help build and grow our next generation Hardware Allocation processes for our production and support subsystems. As an Allocation Engineer, you will be contributing to the efforts in how Twitter builds, integrates, manages, and deploys computing resources in a large growing environment.
- Manage the day to day allocation of computing resources to production systems
- Work closely with team members to drive efficiencies and streamline the allocation process
- Work closely with engineering groups to design, build, and maintain systems
- Write scripts to automate and manage processes
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies
- Experience in operations department of large-scale Internet service
- 7+ years of experience with Linux/Unix/BSD
- Practical knowledge of Shell and Python scripting languages
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Track record of practical problem solving
- Experience with capacity planning
- Ability to create project plans
- Working with Django
Here's less than 140 characters for ya: trivial texts or not, every one's all a-twitter about tweeting. Twitter operates a free...