Give Big, Get Hired
Yes, we Give Big and Give Back to our communities, but we also Give Big in our career opportunities. Having a pulse won’t be enough; our Give Big team is built on dedicated, motivated, goal oriented team members. Connect with us to see if you would make the cut in being part of the Community Choice Team, no jerseys required.
Job Title: Member Solutions Specialist
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
We currently have an opportunity for self-motivated individual to fill full-time a Member Solutions Specialist position in our Administration Building located in Farmington Hills.
As a Member Solutions Specialist you will be responsible for keeping delinquency and loan losses to a minimum amongst all lending products offered by the credit union.
If this is your new career, you will be....
· Initiate collection procedures and facilitate payment arrangements for members with 6 to 60 day delinquent loans and past due accounts to reduce the risk of bad debt expense and to prevent further delinquency.
· Assist staff and members with delinquent loan related requests to ensure they are processed accurately and efficiently.
· Produce, provide, and continually update documentation of all collection efforts to ensure collection attempts are accurately tracked.
· Offer loan extensions or loan work-outs for members in order to minimize delinquency and potential losses.
· Provide budget counseling to assist in improving the financial lives of our members.
· Produce, provide, and continually update evaluation documentation on delinquent loans to ensure recommendations are in the best interest of the credit union.
· Create reports and treads that reflect loan delinquency to determine and track possible trends.
Performance Measurements –
1. Delinquent and past due accounts are closely monitored and reviewed
2. Delinquent accounts are promtly collected. A delinquency ratio which meets management standards is maintained.
3. Required documenation of collection efforts is properly maintained
4. Professional relationships are maintained both internally and externally. Questions or problems are resolved promptly and courteously.
Job Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education : Equivalent to a high school education
Experience : Six months to two years of collection and/or lending experience preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Knowledge of finanical industry
Familiarity with related laws and regulations
Accuracy and thoroughness in work
Excellent communication, telephone, and public relations skills
Ability to work in stressful situations
This position requires the team member to make decisions in a timely and efficient manner, and anticipate all of the potential ramifications of the decisions made.
The team member must be able to develop, recommend, and implement financial policies and procedures and be able to analyze the work flow of the Credit Union on a continuous basis and make changes to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
The team member must be able to read and interpret documents or instruments, understand / follow complex written and oral instructions, make decision and to resolve problems or unique circumstances, be able to express oneself clearly/concisely, perform mathematical functions, and handle multiple, concurrent tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Community Choice Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Community Choice Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Community Choice CU - 8 months ago