Are you currently a Mortgage Originator looking for a great company to finally call home? Where you have the products, pricing, management team, positive attitude and underwriting that will support your desire to grow your business? New Penn Financial is a large company known extensively in the Eastern United States and is a Direct Lender, currently expanding with an office in Dallas as their clients, New Penn Financial may just be that new home you are seeking.
Job Description for Retail Loan Originator:
Principal Customers of Retail Loan Originator
- Sell loan products offered by New Penn Financial, LLC
- Contact prospective clients to develop and maintain referral sources.
- Meet with prospective clients at outside locations such as a client’s home.
- Make in-person calls on real estate agents, financial advisors and other potential referral sources to develop borrower leads.
- Engage in marketing and promotional activities in support of your own sales.
- Take mortgage loan applications and prepare effective loan proposals:
- Determine a consumer’s needs and offer the appropriate product
- Originate loans for appropriate amounts, rates, and terms that comply with NPF’s program guidelines
- Provide consumers with a superior level of customer service:
- Quickly and accurately answer all customer inquiries in a professional manner.
- Obtain all information deemed necessary to process loan requests in a timely manner, including but not limited to credit reports, income verification, appraisals, lien searches, etc.
- Analyze the information and provide insight where appropriate.
- Provide assistance to applicants and solve all problems that may arise between application and settlement
- Stay informed of developing trends in the mortgage industry
- Attend/assist with scheduled meetings, training sessions and courses
- Maintain compliance with all industry-specific federal and state licensed activity requirements and New Penn Financial’s Code of Conduct
Internal Customers: Underwriting, Processing, Closing, Quality Assurance, Vendor Coordination, and Secondary Marketing
External Customer: The Borrower(s)
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Education and Experience Requirements for Retail Loan Originator:
- Must qualify for and obtain state licensure in that state of employment or currently hold an active License; mortgage licensure requires a good credit score, no tax liens and a clean criminal background check
- Minimum successful 3 years mortgage loan origination experience
- 2 year college degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Proven sales skills and leadership abilities
- Ability to quickly connect with people in an outgoing, friendly manner
- Persuasive, selling communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility for completing work quickly and accurately
- Ability to handle faster-than-average pace of activities
- Detail-orientation with efficient focus on work activities
- Careful decision-making skill with ability to avoid mistakes
- Ability to delegate in a positive style with thorough follow up skills
- Excellent oral, written, listening, and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work independently
New Penn Financial LLC - 12 months ago