Responsible for the accurate and timely documentation for loans to support mortgage loan originators and bank customers in completing real estate loan closings.
Essential Functions .
Additional Responsibilities .
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of loan documentation requirements per regulations, bank policy and secondary market guidelines
- Order appraisals, credit bureau reports, title insurance commitments and verifications
- Cross-reference information documented on loan applications with source documents for accuracy and completeness
- Prepare appropriate and accurate documentation for all new loans, modifications and extensions
- Process withdrawn and denied files for appropriate documentation, expense reimbursements from applicants and logging of transactions for appropriate regulatory reporting
- Compile and input loan application information and, when necessary, provide to Underwriters in a timely manner
- Ensure prompt, efficient and pleasant service to lenders, secondary market staff and borrowers by solving problems whether or not they relate to this position or the Loan Processing area
- Effectively communicate with other departments of the Bank as required for timely and efficient loan closings
- Maintain working knowledge of all software utilized to document loans
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. All bankers are expected to follow Bank Secrecy Act and other regulatory requirements related to the position.
- Provide backup for other loans as necessary to meet production requirements
- Develop and maintain a basic working knowledge of the bank’s customer and account servicing system to effectively assist customers and to expand job and product knowledge
- May supervise one or more Loan Assistants.
- Maintain a professional, efficient and clean personal work area
Education, Experience, Competencies and Skills .
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Experience in utilizing personal computers and general office equipment
- Customer service orientation and aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Physical and Mental Requirements .
- One to three years previous loan documentation experience
Equipment Used .
- Attention to detail
- Basic math aptitude
- Ability to work seated, using a computer for extended periods of time
- Deadlines and time constraints present
- Work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism while working with the public
- Work with customer information in a confidential and professional manner
- Ability to understand and follow detailed policies, guidelines and regulations
- Ability to meet daily deadlines and handle a large volume of work relating to the mortgage processing function
Computer, telephone, fax machine, photocopier, calculator, scanner.
Working Conditions .
Normal office environment for majority of job duties. May be required to work overtime to meet volume demands
This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time. EOE/M/F/D/V
Landmark Bank - 9 months ago