Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Manage and monitor customer (lenders, servicers, and other partners) performance with the goal of safeguarding corporate assets and mitigating operations and financial risk. Provide expertise to customers in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Conduct research and problem-solving on complex issues. May operate in a lead role within the team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Consult with customers regarding performance in areas such as servicing, investor reporting, delivery accuracy, custodial account management, document control, reporting, loss mitigation, and lender compliance. Assist customers in complying with guidelines and servicing and selling requirements. Ensure that disclosures are accurate.
- Manage complex reporting, re-pricing, remitting, and reconciling activities. Analyze data, research issues and exceptions, and make appropriate changes.
- Implement quality control measures. Conduct in-depth root cause analyses of customer problems and issues. Propose solutions. Facilitate implementation.
- Conduct on-site reviews and recommend potential new customers, where applicable. Evaluate customer staff capabilities to integrate the firm's work rules with customer's servicing operations.
- Advise on new, non-traditional products.
- Build and improve internal and external customer relationships. Anticipate needs. Provide training when necessary.
- Design, develop, monitor, and update workflow processes. Ensure processes respond to operational risk and control objectives, process improvement goals, and achievement of business goals.
- Assume a lead role in reviewing systems to enhance control and simplify operations. Support technology group by testing system enhancements prior to release.
- May perform complex projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Servicing operations experience
- Experience in the financial services industry or mortgage loan servicing; document control, investor reporting and remitting, and contractual obligations, and default management
- Experience with 571 claims process
- Servicing or whole loan trading transaction experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or various word processing, presentation, flow-charting, database and spreadsheet software (SAS, SQL a plus)
- Demonstrated management skills must be able to identify and prioritize resources to changing business need
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...