Strong. Stable. Local. Personal.
LOCKBOX CLERK (#14067)
Operations Center, South Bend, IN
1st Source Bank is the largest locally controlled financial institution headquartered in the northern Indiana-southwestern Michigan area. 1st Source has $4.53 billion in assets and operates more than 75 banking centers in 17 counties, 22 1st Source Bank Specialty Finance Group locations nationwide, eight Trust and Wealth Management locations and eight 1st Source Insurance offices.
We deliver a comprehensive range of banking services along with highly personalized attention to our clients, both individuals and businesses. Our mission is to help our clients achieve security, build wealth and realize their dreams.
Come and work for an organization that is recognized by Forbes and Audit Integrity as one of the top 100 most trustworthy companies among 12,000 traded on U.S. Exchanges, and as one of the top "Best Places to Work in Indiana" for our “strong workplace environment that values its employees and our positive work culture that includes respect, communication, opportunity and being part of a team.”
We strive to hire the best talent, and believe the diversity of our colleagues' perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to better products and services. Our Learning and Development initiatives and our Corporate Training Program support this belief and provide opportunities for employees to develop, and enhance their competency, confidence, and achievements.
- Responsible for processing business customer's deposits which utilize our lockbox services.
- Verify receipt of Lockbox work from Post Office. Extract payments from envelopes, verifies payee and signature, batches documents for next step in process and ensures negotiability of check.
- Process incoming client lockbox payments according to the established procedures/client specifications.
- Logs each customer’s volume on daily log sheet. Prepares deposit with checks and delivers to Proof department for processing and generates monthly reports.
- Transmit deposit totals and client information via an extract file transmission to clients.
- Package and ship clients’ processed batches, report correspondence and deposit tickets according to specifications.
- Operate Automated Lockbox Software on PC system.
- Operate Desktop scanner while monitoring the quality of images scanned and perform maintenance as needed.
- Answers incoming phone calls from external customers. Performs research requests for customers and relays any processing concerns to customers.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Three (3) months to one (1) year of related experience preferred
- Prior general clerical experience in corporate environment
- Knowledge of banking
- Excellent keyboarding and 10-key skills
- High level of accuracy is necessary
- Outstanding customer service skills including researching & resolving customer issues
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry a full mail bucket
Typical Work Schedule
- Monday 7:00am - 6:00pm, Tuesday through Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm.
- Schedule can vary due to volume and extended hours may be required according to business needs.
Operations Center – South Bend, IN
FT - Hourly
1st Source Bank - 12 months ago