Title: Registered Nurse - Locum
Supervisor: Clinic Administrator
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Purpose of Job: Improve the overall health of the communities we serve by providing general nursing care, education, and a range of services that will bridge the roles of the provider, medical assistant and support staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs patient assessment, analysis, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care and health teaching.
- Triages walk-in patients and phone calls using the nursing process to assess the level of care needed.
- Defines the history of present illness, updates medications, and collects a comprehensive medical, surgical and social history.
- Performs mental health, chemical dependency, and functional needs assessments.
- Facilitates patient care, and documents all communication into the electronic health record.
- Manages the work flows for the care team including labs, testing and imaging, delegating to support staff when appropriate.
- Uses algorithms and protocols to refill medications.
- Coordinates with the Providers and Medical assistants to prioritize patient care and provide efficient patient flow in the clinic.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience: Minimum of three years experience in the clinic setting as a Registered Nurse required. Experience in triage and experience in the Community Health setting a plus. Experience with electronic health record strongly preferred. Experience with process improvement and Supervisory experience a plus.
Education: Valid Washington State RN License. Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from four-year college or university.
Other Skills: Excellent customer service skills and compassion for patients required. Basic computer user skills required, with the ability to document electronically clearly and efficiently. Excellent oral communications skills required. Must be able to work independently and with the care team. CPR / AED certified for a Health Care Provider.
Required to sit for greater than 50% of the day, and stand and be mobile at least 25% of the time. Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel over two-thirds of the time, as well as reach with hands and arms. Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling or crouching occurs less than one-third of the time. Communicating by talking / hearing occurs over two-thirds of the day, with a large amount of this occurring over the telephone. Amount of time spent lifting or exerting force is less than one third of the time for up to 25 pounds. Rarely is there a need to lift more than 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.