FreshDirect is the leading profitable online grocer in the U.S. with customers in New York, New Jersey, Connecticutand Philadelphia. It is known for its fresh-from-the-farm foods and brand-name groceries at everyday low prices, all delivered to customers’ doors. FreshDirect’s food experts rate all produce and seafood every morning and give each item an Expert Quality Rating to help customers choose what is best and in-season. FreshDirect customers can enjoy over 600 Entrees and Side Dishes, made fresh daily by professional chefs using the finest, freshest ingredients. FreshDirect ranks 70th on Internet Retailer’s Top 500 Guide®. For more information, please visit www.freshdirect.com . For updates, follow us on Twitter: @freshdirect and on Facebook: facebook.com/FreshDirect.
The Transportation Logistics Analyst is responsible for Daily set up, timely running and review of the routing system to ensure accurate routes are produced and downloaded to the production systems.
- Perform analysis of daily routes for efficiency and identify where additional resources may be required to handle the growth of the business.
- Daily monitoring and adjustment of the capacity planner.
- Production support and trouble shooting of any problems with the system.
- Work in conjunction with SAP and databases, to be able to produce reports and analysis data.
- First line of support for transport related applications that are being used.
- Participate in project work such as logistical reviews for expansions and service offerings or industrial engineering of delivery standards.
- Hours will be from 4pm-12 am (alternating shifts). Routing schedule based on a seven day work week; with weekend working as the company is a 24/7 operation.
- Receives clear, detailed, and specific instructions and consults with Teamleader on all matters outside the scope of daily responsibilities/activities
- No supervisory responsibility
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum one (1) year logistics and / or analytical experience preferred, but not required
- Fresh college graduates seeking exposure to latest technologies are also welcomed to apply.
- This is a full time position, with a rotating schedule. Willingness to work weekends, and nights.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Description may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
- Strong oral and written skills
- Knowledge of statistical and other quantitative and qualitative analytical methodologies
- Ability to understand and manipulate data
- Ability to work with numbers
- Analytical mind which is able to process information logically
- Ability to run and operate database systems
- Good knowledge of computer hardware and software and ability to learn about new software
- Proficient in using analytical tools and instruments for instance Excel, Microsoft Access
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law
The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods in...