LOGISTICS EXCELLENCE MANAGER
The individual in this position designs or improves logistics processes in an effort to improve service or reduce operational costs. This employee makes recommendations regarding warehouse operations, delivery options and transportation strategies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement standards and policies for logistics management to drive product in-stock and pallet space availability, customer service and labor efficiency.
- Conduct warehouse benchmark process to identify current operational complexities and areas of opportunity in M&PC distribution footprint.
- Evaluate applicability of global/industry practices with respect to the operational environment in North America, take the concept, adopt to the regional conditions/needs and bridge to implementation.
- Design, provide recommendations on distribution center and work station layouts, and coordinate changes.
- Prepare, review and forward reports to include but not limited to monthly summaries, key performance indicators (KPI), AFEs, business cases.
- Participate and contribute in Health & Safety, Security and Environmental activities (SAFE Meetings, BBS Observer, HS&E Training, Housekeeping, 5S, Recycling, Waste Management, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Warehouse Management or other Supply Chain related field.
At least 5 years of professional experience in Supply Chain logistics operations and 3 plus years experience in Continuous Improvement and process management and tools (Lean or Six Sigma).
- Strong problem solving skills, able to identify variables, gather data, analyze information.
- Ability to effectively organize and present information and respond appropriately to questions from employees, managers, customers and representatives from external organizations.
- Possess strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Be able to travel approximately 25% at the local, state, national and international level.
- Work in both office and warehouse settings.
- Be comfortable working around hazardous and flammable materials and other situations and aspects generally associated with a warehouse environment.
- Be able to perform work functions when sitting, standing, walking, bending/stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Possess good hearing and vision, including peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Problem solving abilities.
What will AkzoNobel offer you?
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time-Off, Holidays, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401(k) with immediate company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screening. required. Environmentally responsible business. Phone calls will not be accepted.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer