Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages multiple site distribution centers, third party material (raw material, packing and finished goods) storage and logistics for Companys North America Baby Food manufacturing operations.
- Responsibilities of the materials management function which includes manufacturing efficiencies, inventory investment and site strategy.
- Develops and administers departmental budget.
- Establishes written procedures for the operation of the department.
- Identify and recommend enhancements and/or changes to the manufacturing logistic processes, including transportation lanes, modes of operation (rail, OTR, etc.) and distribution network optimization.
- Interact with other operational departments to review the impact of forecast changes, determine capacity requirements, analyze process changes, determine the financial impact to the company and recommend changes to the production plan.
- Manage inventory levels required to meet company customer service levels and financial investment criteria, advise executive management.
- Manage team of direct reports including salaried and hourly personnel.
- Establish training plans including documentation and ensure that all employees are properly trained.
- Support the plants quality and safety objectives and initiatives.
- Bachelors degree in business management, logistics, materials management or other related field and or 2 years experience in materials management, production planning, purchasing or other related activities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple warehouse and distribution operations
- Demonstrated experience with Warehouse/Distribution technology systems preferably SAP, WMS
- Experience in project management
- Demonstrated direct responsibilities with financial analysis and budget management
- Experience in a regulated industry (GMPs and ISO 9000).
- Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills in inspiring, driving and executing results through others. Must demonstrate and model effective listening, written and verbal communications, sound logical judgment and organizational skills, while at the same time creating in others both a sense of urgency and a commitment to excellence.
- Strong communications, analytical, problem solving and organizational/planning skills
- Willingness to travel approximately 10 - 15% of time; to include international travel
- MBA or related advanced degree
- Experience working with Lean, Six Sigma or TQM
- APICS Certification
- Experience in 3PL start-up and network optimization
- 16 months ago - save job