Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Multi Task between accounts while keeping a high accuracy rate.
· Relationship building with customers and/or plants by daily communication on any issues where they might need assistance
· Use information from printing plants to plan size and weight of pallets for truck optimization-then bring the plants attention to any discrepancies in weight or paper issues.
· Manipulate large amounts of data accurately with tight deadlines in a high stress environment. Compare customer files with plant files and inform both parties of any discrepancies.
· Respond to customer inquiries on the telephone, through on-line networks, and via mail.
· Review printing plant schedules to keep track of trends in print and new events
· Manage an extremely large data base of newspapers across the country, keeping customers up to date on all changes in pertinent contact information
· Work directly with pricing department to manage data for quoting and pricing purposes-once again working closely with customer to make sure we have correct information
· Track specified loads that are sent via UPS/FedEx /Truck – report information to customer.
· Create bill of ladings and load plans for all non-mixing events
· Work closely with operations to monitor risk reports and identify and correct discrepancies caused by system issues.
· Truckload Tracking – Obtain status updates from over the road line-haul carriers via check-calling
· LTL Dispatch – Communicate with our network of LTL carriers to coordinate timely pickup and delivery of our LTL shipments from our print partners
· LTL Tracking – Obtain load statuses through online tracking as well as working with Excel Spreadsheets for other carriers in order to obtain updates. Problem solves potential late deliveries and evaluates spending additional moneys to expedite.
· Delivery Extensions – Communicate with newspapers to obtain deadline extensions on any deliveries that will be made past the due date. Establish relationships with these newspapers to obtain more favorable extensions
Education and Experience:
College degree in an analytical field is preferred with 3 years’ experience in transportation, pricing, sales, or operations.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc, comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
We hope that you will consider joining our team! Yusen Logistics (Americas) INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard