Growing and well-respected biomedical (clinical, basic and applied) research firm has openings at USAMRIID . If you are passionate about research, and are looking for a firm that shares your passion, and provides competitive salaries with a strong benefits package, join the ClinicalRM team.
We are currently seeking a Logistic Specialist/Master Plumber for the Frederick, MD area.
- Master Plumber with extensive knowledge to properly maintain, repair, and renovate general plumbing, pipefitting and certification of backflow preventers and cross connection devices.
- This position requires extensive knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local codes.
- The work requires extensive knowledge of engineering principles and building systems for: Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), plumbing and heating systems, medical gas systems, animal watering systems, LN2, NFPA Class D Breathing Air, and chemical disinfectant showers, bio-containment systems, and understanding the inter-relationships of all facilities systems and the impact of one system on the others.
- Skill sets require the analytical ability to determine the result of one system malfunction on other systems; maintenance requirements on facility systems to allow proper scheduled repairs; timely immediate action necessary to correct deficiencies; programmed budget requirements to keep building maintenance IAW regulatory guidance; and sufficiently maintaining engineering and technical documents used in support of the a maintenance and repair program.
- Applying practical knowledge and expertise with engineering solutions in resolving technical problems real-time in both an industrial environment and in bio-containment laboratories is essential.
- Performs work in bio-containment suites (BSL-3 and BSL-4) with highly hazardous infectious agents and toxins and is required to participate in the Special Immunizations Program (SIP), a program that monitors worker health and provides vaccinations aimed at additional protection above personal protective devices
- Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
- Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates for positions under ClinicalRM’s contracts with the Department of Defense (DoD) will be required to pass one or more background/security investigations conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army, or other Federal Government agency. Such investigations may include criminal records and credit history checks.
- MD: Master Plumbers License
- MD: Cross Connection and Backflow Prevention
- ASME IX, Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code Certification, GTAW-6G
- ASME IX, Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code Certification, SMAW-6G
- ASME IX, Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code Certification, GMAW
- Medical Gas ASSE 6040 Certification
- Performs work in animal facilities and is required to be Hepatitis B Negative, and TB tested every 6 months.
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training
ClinicalRM is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer
“NorthCoast 99” Best Places to Work recipient
Clinical Research Management - 12 months ago