- 1 opening
- This is a long-term TEMPORARY assignment ( Candidates must be clear on this ).
- Current or Recent Forklift certifications
- Previous experience in order selection & Shipping/Receiving
- Warehouse; Inventory and cycle count
- Candidates must be flexible to work anywhere from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM & overtime as needed
- Pay rate is $12-$13/hour depending on experience, skills, & knowledge.
Responsible for the receiving, record keeping and distribution of Finished Parts inventory, consisting of hardware and hot parts, required to support MPSA contracts and customer parts orders. Validate and maintain complete and accurate records of inventory items into and out of the Finished Goods parts warehouse and other site locations, including kitted parts, and the preparation of items for shipment.
2.0 ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- On call 24/7 for support shipment of Finished Parts inventory.
- Compare identifying information of incoming and outgoing shipment against invoices, orders, transportation or other associated documents.
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, record shortages, and correspond with appropriate department representative(s) to rectify damages and, or shortages.
- Post weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage applying appropriate stamps, stencils, or identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Electronically record shipping, receiving and inventory transactions into the company ERP information system.
- Perform periodic warehouse inventory counts to validate ERP inventory levels.
- Assist the Inventory Control Specialist, Program Managers, Project Engineers, Purchasing and Sales personnel or any other MPSA employee that is supporting MPSA contracts by inventoried parts.
- Route items to their appropriate work areas. (i.e. stocking location, shipping and receiving, work cells, etc.)
- Operate forklift, handcart, overhead crane or jib crane to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving section to storage or work area or to pack or unpack parts.
- Travel (up to 30%) in support of the maintenance of inventory located in remote locations, including foreign countries as needed.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
3.0 OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources;
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals;
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit;
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees;
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties;
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times;
- Hold, or be able to obtain a valid passport for travel (domestic or foreign) to various locations in the support of contracts and parts delivery when required;
- Possession of a valid Florida drivers license or privilege by date of employment and thereafter.
4.0 KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent; and at least twelve (12) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, database, etc.
5.0 PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and/or hear. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Noise level is usually moderate. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
S2 - Mitsubishi Power Systems - 13 months ago