Responsible for the receiving, record keeping and distributing of inventory, consisting of hardware and hot parts, that is required to support MPSA contracts and customer parts orders. Verify and keep complete and accurate records of inventory items into and out of the parts warehouse and other site locations, including kitted parts, incoming and outgoing shipments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate, perform, and manage all shipping, receiving and warehouse activities to provide on-time, efficient, and account for movement of materials, and corresponding paperwork.
- Determine priorities, assign work, and coordinate schedules of assigned personnel.
- Establish operational procedures for the receipt, storage, issue, and return of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Advise employees on the care and preservation of items received and stored, methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, and maintaining stock, and related problems.
- Training of subordinate employees in correct, safe methods and procedures necessary to accomplish shipping, receiving and warehouse duties.
- Disseminate information to employees through bulletins and other means of communication.
- Verify that parts conform to MHI and, or MPSA specifications, inventory contents lists or any other identifying information to description and count of parts, either in OSC warehouse inventory or for incoming or outgoing shipments, verifying this information against purchase requisitions, purchase orders, sales orders, ship request forms, e-mail requests or other transportation documents.
- Prepare documentation and maintain up to date computer records of all inventory transactions into and out of the shipping, receiving and warehouse.
- Perform periodic warehouse inventory counts to validate computer inventory levels.
- Examine incoming shipments, record shortages, and correspond with purchasing and or shipping to rectify damages and shortages. Examine outgoing shipments against items requested for shipment for document accuracy, notifying concerning parties of any deficiencies.Assist the Inventory Control Specialist, Program Managers, Project Engineers, Purchasing and Sales personnel or any other MPSA employee that is supporting MPSA contracts by inventoried parts.
- On call 24/7 for pulling inventory from the Orlando Service Center warehouse for shipment, with the corresponding record of the movement of parts in the applicable software application, in support of scheduled and non-scheduled Contract outages and customer orders.
- Generate Returned Materials Authorizations (RMA) and Returned Goods Authorizations (RGA) to vendors for damages.
- Develop and prepare commercial shipping documents (i.e., bills of lading, commercial invoices, packing lists.)
- Operate forklift, overhead/boom crane or use handcart to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving section to storage or work area.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources;
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals;
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3 rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent; or at least five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. B. S. degree in Transportation/Business Administration preferred.
- Experience in transportation loss and damage, claim identification, and processing.
- Experience in transportation routing and rating knowledge.
- Knowledgeable and able to apply accounting methods.
- Knowledgeable of regulations applying to the handling and shipping of hazardous materials.
- Knowledgeable in inventory control or warehouse distribution practices.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, graphics, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and/or hear. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Noise level is usually moderate. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
S2- Mitsubishi Power Systems - 17 months ago