Logistics Supervisor - Manufacturing
If you're a hand's on leader looking for a career with a world class company with a global footprint that provides a wealth of development and advancement opportunities, this is for you. Lead with us as you supervise the shipping, receiving and warehouse operations to ensure maximum efficiency and space utilization. Utilizing flexible leadership and communication skills, you will oversee the daily activity and development of our team members, while identifying opportunities to more efficiently produce great food at a low cost.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Logistics Supervisor at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Coordinating the scheduling of trucks for shipment of raw materials to support plant operations
- Ensuring rotation of materials and finished goods on a first-in, first-out basis
- Maintaining sanitation in the warehouse area (wall-to-wall), dock (inside and outside), and outside truck handling area, at all times accomplishing this through the proper supervision of subordinates
- Planning and supervising the daily cycle counts and end of run counts and working with the Plant Controller to resolve discrepancies
- Ensuring that a production schedule is developed that meets both corporate demand strategy and the plant's ability to reasonably execute
- Managing inventory levels to meet cash flow targets without impeding production objectives
- Administering various assignments and programs such as a pallet exchange program, pallet repair, and inventory issue ticket system for raw materials and finished goods
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Logistics to be considered for this position you must be you must be an entrepreneurial self-starter, and able to meet the following requirements:
- HS diploma and significant demonstrated work related experience OR BS/BA and demonstrated related work experience
- Experience in a Supervisory role and a proven ability to effectively manage people
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and resolve issues
- Proficiency computer software including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively communicate and problem solve
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with SAP, ERP, & WMS systems
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Experience in the Food & Beverage industry
- Experience participating in lean manufacturing events and managing lean project initiatives
You must be willing to work up to four 12-hour shifts per week. This position may require work coverage beyond the normal hours and shift, and on weekends/holidays, because the plant typically operates 24/7. This is a 2nd shift role primarily.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this
for English or this
In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” W.K....