The Logistics Supervisor manages freight flow to and from the building when not acting as MOD. This position is responsible for supervising the early morning (or overnight) crew. The Logistics Supervisor has a large audit responsibility and is expected to demonstrate proficiency in all Company policies and procedures.
The Supervisor is an entry-level management position with manager-on-duty (MOD) and key carrying responsibilities. When the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager(s) are not present, the Supervisor is in charge of the entire store. When not acting as MOD, the Supervisor is solely responsible for managing his/her dedicated area within the store. The Supervisor is a primary source of contact for our customers. This position impacts the company by leading the department and the store to success.
Essential Job Functions of Logistics Supervisor
- Receive and process freight to the salesfloor within 48 hours.
- Oversee and prioritize the shelving of product.
- Coordinate timely execution of planograms.
- Ensure Planner Activity Compliance.
- Pack up excess seasonal merchandise per company standards.
Store Operations Review
- Oversee the entire cleanliness of the stockroom and loading dock.
- Document merchandise that comes into and out of the store.
- Track cartons per hour on the Freight Team Proficiency Chart.
- Responsible for compliance with all questions on Store Operations Review related to job function.
Rewards Card Program
- Drive Reward Card sign-ups to meet company expectations.
Quality Customer Care
- Ensure that displays are merchandised in a way that is attractive to our customers.
- Oversee the removal of all cardboard/trash from the sales floor prior to opening of the store.
We Value People
- Supervise the early morning (overnight) crew.
- Ensure that associates are practicing safety techniques while performing their jobs.
- Process return to vendors and store transfers.
- Handle damaged and defective vendor returns.
- Assist with Credit Activity compliance.
Essential Job Functions of Manager on Duty
- Adopt and Execute our Values of: People, Integrity, Desire to Be the Best, Passion, Enthusiasm and New Ideas.
- Manage all sales floor operations and task activities.
- Manage associates effectively by ensuring that all customers receive Quality Customer Care.
- Manage associates effectively by providing feedback on performance.
- Provide Quality Customer Care to all customers by handling customer concerns quickly and sincerely, ringing up purchases with speed and accuracy, and by recovering the store consistently to ensure a positive shopping experience.
- Carry keys for the building. Utilize alarm codes to enter and/or exit the building.
- Ensure that displays are filled.
- Process credits and returns for vendors.
- Complete Manager on Duty (MOD) Training annually.
- Responsible for the execution of the Management Binder per Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Communicate important topics to the entire store team through Huddle Meetings.
- Adhere to Dress Code Policy for management.
- Assist with Interviewing potential candidates.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Flexibility in scheduling; evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays required.
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to set goals and objectives and motivate team to achieve them.
- Demonstrate ability to multitask while leading a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Physicality includes climbing ladders, lifting boxes, operating a cardboard baler and pallet jack.
- Computer skills required.
- Experience with arts and crafts preferred.
*Due to the fiduciary accountabilities of this job, a valid credit check and/or background will be required as part of the selection process.
A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts, Inc. is a specialty retailer of arts, crafts and floral merchandise for a range of customers. As of July 2012,...