Logistics Support - 2 (Material Planner)
Multiple hourly positions, starting at $20.00/per hour.
Under limited direction, performs a variety of logistic support activities in the areas of logistics planning, materials planning, and packaging analysis
and other duties as assigned. Typically reports to a supervisor.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Since its' inception more than 80 years ago, Caterpillar has grown to be the largest maker of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines in the world. In partnership with our worldwide dealer network, Caterpillar is driving positive and sustainable change on every continent.
As a global, diverse technology leader, Caterpillar is committed to excellence in all that we do. We are proud of our role in building the world's infrastructure. And we're proud of who we are thousands of people making progress possible around the world.
The Building Construction Products (BCP) Division is a global division of Caterpillar, Inc. that employs several thousand employees located at over 8 facilities worldwide. BCP has facilities in
(Cary, Clayton, Sanford), the
. Also, BCP has announced a new facility near
. Products designed, manufactured, and distributed by BCP include skid steer loaders, backhoe loaders, compact track loaders, multi-terrain loaders, small wheel loaders, small track-type tractors, and mini-hydraulic excavators. BCP's mission statement is: Achieve profitable growth by providing customers with the highest quality, best value building construction products, work tools, and integrated solutions in the industry.
BCP is proud to be a family friendly, flexible employer with a very competitive Total Rewards package. We have been recognized in 2011 and 2012 as a "Family Friendly 50" employer by Carolina Parent magazine and won the 2012 Capital Associated Industries (CAI) "Ovation Award" for HR excellence (Large Employer category).
Job duties may include:
Plan for supplier material deliveries, track information on suppliers including replenishment schedules, and monitor packaging quantities and usage.
Prepare inventory reports and determine the quantity and order date for materials needed to meet the master production schedule.
Initiate purchase or production requisitions as appropriate.
Create and review procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
- Ensures purchased material is ordered, shipped and delivered to meet scheduled build requirements while maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Use of multiple Caterpillar information systems to track and plan for material, inventory, and shipping.
- May prepare receiving report and note record shortages and damaged materials.
Prepares and/or assembles required shipping documents.
- Investigate and resolve receiving discrepancies and notify appropriate personnel of results or required actions.
- Analyze product workflow and develops logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory. Creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management.
- May communicate with suppliers daily to expedite, stop, or change the delivery of materials.
- May rotate to various positions within the Job Function area to perform related activities.
- Follows and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
Physical Requirements may include:
Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods
Ability to perform repetitive operations
Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
Successful Completion of Caterpillar Non-Management Selection Process
2 year Degree
Current enrollment in an accredited 4 yr college degree program at a Junior level status is considered equivalent to a 2 year degree)
or 2 yrs of related experience in Materials Operations, Packaging or Planning.
Min of 2 yrs exp in manufacturing environment
Computer skills including MS Office & SAP (SAP a plus, not required)
Supplier/Vendor Management experience
Mar 28, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Georgia-Athens-ATHENS02-BCP Athens
Administration / Support
Caterpillar - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard