This position will be required to perform coordination and expediting functions to facilitate the flow of equipment, weapons, materials, parts and assemblies between various locations. It is responsible for the physical movement of inbound and outbound shipments via air, land, rail, sea or pipeline. Responsible for all distribution functions, including shipments to domestic and international customers, and to distribution centers and branches within the same company. May supervise other transportation personnel.
Other responsibilities include:
- Use Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Deployment Support System II (MDSS II) and build Unit Line Numbers (ULNs) in the Joint Operational Planning and Execution System (JOPES) for all shipments to support Force Deployment Planning and Execution (FDP&E).
- Plan, request and schedule Ground Lines of Communication (GLOC), Air Lines of Communication (ALOC), and Multi-Modal Transportation, per theater-specific and MCLC orders and SOP.
- Plan, request, and schedule transportation using a by Transportation Control Movement Document (TCMD).
- Utilize the MDSS II, to capture and facilitate redeployment and retrograde requirements and facilitate in-transit visibility (ITV). Record assets in MDSS II for export to JOPES with final destination directed by the Material Manager, via disposition instructions provided by MCLC.
- Create and maintain reports that provide current information on arrival and departure of retrograde equipment. Maintain historical records of shipments of retrograded equipment.
- Plan, request and schedule air transportation, via air transportation request system (ITARS) as deemed applicable by multi-modal or channel flights as designated by disposition instruction to comply with required delivery dates (RDD).
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate with commercial carriers (air and ground) all equipment requirements, and embark/debark positioning to facilitate timely retrograde of equipment, including carrier’s equipment and driver’s identification authentication.
- Prepare route requests, notices of availability, outbound documentation including, but not limited to, Report of Shipment, Transportation Discrepancy Reports and routing requests.
Skills & Requirements
Shall have a minimum of 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Required Security Clearance
Benefits LOGISTICS 2020, Inc., Offers an Attractive Rich Benefits Program, Including:
• Company-contributions toward excellent Medical and Dental Plans
• Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Short Term and Long Term Disability
• Safe Harbor 401(k) Plan with company contribution
• Business Casual Dress
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Other Benefits not listed here
LOGISTICS 2020 - 19 months ago