Responsible for all duties relating to the internal and external maintenance of the building, which includes maintaining the cleanliness of the building as well as the integrity of the electrical, mechanical equipment, and material handling equipment.
• Develop, schedule and oversee all aspects of environmental management of the building and grounds, including proper documentation.
• Floor maintenance (routine cleaning, stripping, sealing, waxing, etc.).
• Manage outside contracts for routine services (cleaning service, trash removal, recycling, pest control, fire extinguisher inspections/charging, sprinkler and fire alarm inspections/test, etc.).
• Arrange for outside contractors, when necessary, for repair and/or construction projects.
• Work closely with the Security personnel to ensure building security integrity.
• Assign work schedules and duties to the facility maintenance staff.
• Purchase and manage inventory of all maintenance supplies.
• Monitor quality of work of the maintenance staff.
• Work in a safe manner, following company safety rules and regulatory guidelines.
• Regular attendance, getting to work on time, working the scheduled hours.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Display behavior which exemplifies employee code of conduct guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
Management Responsibilities: (if applicable)
• Daily supervisors of Facility Maintenance Technicians
Minimum (Required) Qualifications: (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Ability to perform minor repair work and effectively communicate electrical/mechanical/structural repair needs to outside contractors.
• Capable of organizing departmental objectives and work schedules with minimal supervision
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with other departments while providing effective direction to subordinates.
Preferred Qualifications: (if above and beyond the minimum required)
• Minimum of three years experience in facility management
Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (8) to ten (10) hours per day. Must be able to lift up to seventy (70) pounds. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate equipment required. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
Work Environment: Work in internal and external environments.
Schedule: Mainly Day hours and as needed in emergency situations. Facility is open 24x7
Refer to above description
Omnicare, Inc - 17 months ago
Omnicare strives to be omnipresent in US nursing homes. The firm is the country's largest institutional pharmacy services provider,...