KIPP King Collegiate is looking for a long term substitute to teach AP Government and World History for 4-5 weeks from 10/15-12/1.
4 periods a day of government/history and 2 periods a week of advisory and enrichment.
KIPP Bay Area Schools
In the San Francisco Bay Area, five KIPP middle schools and two KIPP high schools are closing the achievement gap between low-income students and their more advantaged peers. These tuition-free, college-preparatory schools are located in the under-served neighborhoods of Bayview Hunters Point and the Western Addition in San Francisco, East San Jose, San Lorenzo, and West Oakland. KIPP Bay Area Schools serves more than 2,500 students.
KIPP Across The Nation
KIPP, the Knowledge Is Power Program, is a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students in underserved communities for success in college and in life. By opening schools in the neighborhoods that need them most, KIPP schools are showing that something very different is possible for students in low-income neighborhoods. In 2011-12, 109 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia are serving more than 32,000 students. Nationally, KIPP students are enrolling in college at a rate of more than 85 percent, which is double the national average for low-income students.
• must hold a valid teaching credential (please see http://www.ctc.ca.gov/ to learn more)
• are committed to working with educationally under-served students (95% are students of color; 75% are eligible for the free and reduced price meals program)
• make no excuses for why a student can not achieve at the highest academic levels
• possess strong content area knowledge and classroom management skills
• teach in our extended day and year schedule (details vary by school; visit http://www.kippbayarea.org/ to learn more)
• contribute to a relentless and dedicated team of outstanding professionals
• communicate well with students, families and colleagues
Please become thoroughly familiar with www.kippbayarea.org before applying. Candidates must have at least one year of full time teaching experience; those experienced in working with underserved youth strongly preferred. Email Lauren Hamilton at email@example.com with any questions.
KIPP Bay Area Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
- 20 months ago - save job