Position Title: Substitute Teacher
Supervisor: Building Principal
Primary Function Plan and teach a program of instruction appropriate for the age of the learner in accordance with school and District goals, objectives, policies, and procedures
1. Understand and adapt general principles of learning and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the subject matter in planning an instructional program that meets the needs of each student.
2. Prepare detailed daily lesson plans that provide a variety of learning activities consistent with teaching to the established curriculum objectives and has such plans available upon request of immediate supervisor.
3. Accomplish the curriculum objectives that can reasonably be expected for the grade level and the particular group of students being instructed.
4. Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and times designated.
5. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media in the instructional program.
6. Provide a pleasant and stimulating classroom environment by displaying samples of student work and arranging attractive bulletin boards.
7. Establish effective methods of classroom control in which students develop respect for the school, the teacher, and each other.
8. Demonstrate skill in use of positive reinforcement techniques related to student achievement and behavior.
9. Make provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
10. Develop and communicate clear and consistent evaluation procedures that are understood by both students and parents which are in accordance with the District evaluation policy.
11. Demonstrate effective communication skills when interacting with immediate supervisors, parents, students, peers, and other school related reference groups.
12. Present a positive school image and realize the importance of establishing good school community relations,
13. Constructively participates with other staff members in determining and achieving school programs, goals, and objectives.
14. Maintain and submit upon request accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulation.
15. Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board policy.
16. Provide appropriate supervision and take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
17. Demonstrate a high quality of ethical behavior and personal conduct.
03 Certified with Bilingual Endorsement in Spanish
ELL Certification or actively pursuing ELL Certification
Tentative Dates: August - 8 weeks
Elmhurst Community Unit School District 205 - 14 months ago