*Please note: This posting is for EXTERNAL candidates only. If you are a Wingspan employee, please apply to the INTERNAL posting "Internal–Loss Mit UW Supervisor-Melbourne".
Wingspan is an award-winning, diversified mortgage servicing company, partnering with banks, investors, mortgage insurers, attorneys and real estate agents throughout the U.S. With several offices in Dallas, Texas and Melbourne, Florida, Wingspan's team of experienced professionals provides a wide range of strategic services to assist the industry in every aspect of loan servicing.
Due to the nature of our business, the protection of information assets and private information are integral components to Wingspan's success as well as our commitment to the organization, our investors and our clients. It is the policy of the organization and the responsibility of all employees to ensure that information assets will be protected from a loss of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
The Underwriting Supervisor is responsible for managing a staff of at least 12 underwriters and support staff, for the non-delegated underwriting department. The Supervisor is responsible for meeting and exceeding company standards for productivity, quality, time in process and customer satisfaction.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
Qualifications sought in successful candidates include:
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Thorough knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis
- Knowledge of FHA a plus, but not required
- Demonstrate strong skill set for organization and attention to detail
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to accept and adjust to change
- Ability to interface with all levels in a professional manner
- Advanced knowledge of government compliance regulations and reporting
- Ability to maintain strict confidential information
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Respond to and perform a variety of functions including:
- Responsible for managing a staff of at least 12 underwriters and support staff for the non-delegated underwriting department
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding company standards for productivity, quality, time in process and customer satisfaction
- Interpret and implement underwriting guidelines in a production environment for Correspondent loans
- Sets Performance Plans to achieve monthly and annual goals
- Develops the skills of subordinates through goal-setting, delegation, training, counseling and performance management
- Underwrite and review submitted files to analyze for Capacity, Capital, Character and Condition
- Ensures that loan requests meet program and product specifications or counteroffer to a different product and/or program when appropriate
- Uphold fair lending practices of JPMorgan Chase Mortgage, meet targets for productivity, quality and customer satisfaction
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION / TRAINING
- 4 year degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of mortgage banking U/W supervisory level experience, required
- Minimum of 5 years mortgage banking experience (specifically in Underwriting and/or MB Operations)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use of a PC, fax, computer terminal and/or telephone up to 8 hours a day
- Open workspace office environment
****Wingspan is a drug free workplace
Wingspan - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard