Kmart, a member of the Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) family of companies, is a mass merchandising retailer that offers customers quality products through a portfolio of exclusive brands and labels such as Craftsman, Kenmore, DieHard, Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Country Living. We operate over 1,300 Kmart stores across 49 states, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. This includes discount stores, averaging 92,000 square feet, and Super Centers, averaging 165,000 square feet. We also offer a wide selection of merchandise through kmart.com and operate over 1,000 pharmacies within our stores.
Non Negotiable(s)/Critical Success Factors:
- Owns shrink and safety results for assigned area(s) and supports the Loss Prevention five play strategy
- Manages the training, detection, investigation and successful resolution of all internal high dollar and sensitive investigations within assigned store.
- Ensures all training in the detection and detention of shoplifters including certification has been completed in assigned store
- Conducts assessments of Loss Prevention and operational performance that impacts shortage control. Actively works with store team in the development and implementation of action plans to improve performance.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of safety, food safety (Kmart/Essentials/Grand), OSHA and environmental programs, and ensures implementation and compliance in assigned store
- Reviews safety and food safety inspections (Kmart/Essentials/Grand) on a regular basis. Ensures the timely and accurate reporting of results and assists in the development and implementation of corrective actions.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises the Loss Prevention Associates and Leads within assigned store
- Ensures accurate and timely report writing, record keeping and retention of evidence by conducting periodic reviews
- Ensures the proper operation and repairs of alarm, EAS and CCTV equipment
- Educates and motivates store associates to achieve shrink, workers compensation and general liability goals
- Works as a liaison between the store and the criminal justice community
- Demonstrates courageous leadership by identifying and communicating potential ethical or safety issues that must be addressed at a higher level.
- Manages and ensures reporting of critical incidents in assigned area of responsibility
- Ensures follows-up on required inventories and audits in order to control costs and shrinkage
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or preferred equivalent.
Minimum of five years retail experience or preferred equivalent.
Extensive knowledge of store merchandising and retail management practices and procedures.
Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external associates.
Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret information and then implement developed and approved solutions.
Organizational skills necessary to receive disseminate, and follow-up to corporate information flow.
A comprehensive and competitive benefit program is designed to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Benefits eligibility depends on employment classification, location, and other variables. Benefits offered include:
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Health Care and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Merchandise Discount
- Adoption Assistance
- Kmart Advantage Rx
- ConSern Loans for Education
- Worklife Solutions
- Voluntary Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Sears Holdings Corporation Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Time with Personal Days
- National Holidays